Need Help with Plan Change and Data Cap Issues on Airtel Broadband

ISP
Airtel
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a bit of a dilemma with my Airtel broadband plan and could use some advice. I was originally on a three-month 300 Mbps plan and unfortunately hit the monthly data cap. When I reached out to customer care, they mentioned that my options were to either wait for the new billing cycle or change my plan.

Opting not to wait, I recharged with a monthly 300 Mbps plan (earlier I was on a three-month 300 Mbps plan) , thinking it would reset my data cap. However, instead of resetting, it simply extended the validity of my current plan by another 30 days. Also, the amount I paid is reflecting as a wallet balance in the Airtel Thanks app.

Here's where it gets more confusing. I considered downgrading to a 200 Mbps plan to potentially solve this issue. Yet, when I try to make this change, the system prompts me to pay again instead of deducting from my existing wallet balance.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation or have any insights on how to resolve this? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have Prepaid plan

Last edited:
To upgrade/downgrade plan using account balance, you have to call customer care. In prepaid, you can't change plan from the app without paying.

To upgrade/downgrade plan using account balance, you have to call customer care. In prepaid, you can't change plan from the app without paying.
I just called them and got my plan downgraded to 200 Mbps plan and the process was quick. My data cap was also reset. Thanks a lot @lucifer. One more query is it possible to again get by plan upgraded to 300 Mbps? My sole purpose of downgrading the plan was to reset my data cap.

And then there is jio fiber which do not allow multiple plan change in current billing cycle.

Reason: jio software cannot process more than 1 plan change lol
Good to know. Thanks for sharing @Rickysin. I also have a Jio fiber connection as a backup/secondary connection.

Back