need info for buying from ebay usa

torrentbhai

Regular
ISP
MTNL 749NU PLAN
hi therei needed to buy smps/psu from usa via ebay..price is cheap from some of the sellers as compared to india price.cost is $50 including shipping ..what i need to mkow is that what amount will i have to pay as duty...anyone had experience before

ask the seller if he has ever shipped to india before.. also ask which company they use to courier.... then check with that company to know how they handle duty etc. as far as i know you don't have to pay anything extra unless the equipment is for resale/ordered in bulk.

Ensure you have 220/230 volts option. Unlikely you will be charged any duty as the value is less than $50/= Worse case 25% duty ??.Keep print out ready of the auction acceptance by Seller etc, for Customs/Postal perusal.

the parcel is 20$ and shipping 30$ , they mail via USPS..the psu has 220v option, all branded smps have that option..anuthing else i should keep in mind, i do not need a paypal verified account as long as the payment is under $100..hope so..any other info ..let me knowthanks a lot guys

as long as the dealer is ok accepting payment from an indian paypal id... it should not be a problem.just tell him to mark the package as low cost sample and it should be alright. provided he does send you the package. :)i have in the past ordered zune accessories from chinese dealers. transaction went smooth and it was delivered without any hassle. those were low priced items... so faced no problems. :)

Back