• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 24,518

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Any brand which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000.
8. Can i get a heater in top load models? From what I searched for, didn't find any.
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?

@igloo I was going through Ariel 1kg matic powder and it's cost on Amazon was ₹232, almost 4 times of 0.5kg Ariel Perfect wash detergent which costed me ₹62 from general store. I won't have issues purchasing it if the cost is justified.
Or am I searching something wrong?? I will also go and check in general stores.
Which one are you using and what is it's cost?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whatever you use just make sure it does not make so much foam/Sud that machine is struggling to ghumao the cloth load. Logically you should be able to see what's going on inside the machine from the front.

Upvote 0
I am currently using this same co as ariel. Says fully automatic nothing like front or top load. Don't go by image on box.

you can try this

amazon own brand

Similarly Grofers has its own matic powder brand.

Then we have matic liquid which are the best but costlier.

Upvote 0
If you read the LG manual, iirc, they recommend using powder over liquid for some reason. I personally prefer liquid. As powder keeps forming a guey mess inside the container. Water pressure is good but dunno why... it never takes in all the powder sometimes.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was of the same view of getting a liquid detergent instead of powder to avoid that guey paste. After reading the manual, I said Why take panga with machine... Powder mentioned toh powder use karenge.
I think this video somewhat tries to explain why different powders for different wash methods.

Whatever it is, nothing beats personal experience.
I am assuming your dispenser won't come out entirely as mine. Nevertheless, this is what I do. I sought of remove the entire dispenser and try to put the detergent at the very front edge of the dispenser. That way the water tries to absorb and use maximum detergent when water is thrown on it.
Although today was my first day of use so still learning, but after wash I saw that both dispenser and the area for dispenser was clean except water drops. Need to observe it more.
Had an incident of unbalanced load, it was the machine. Balanced it using the tool and it ran neat during spin cycle..

Another thing... is scaling powder needed while cleaning tube after 2-3 months? Though the water in my area is fresh water so chances of scale formation are very less but Dad still got it(apparently the person who came impressed my Dad with his explanation for functions even after asking 2-3 times). If not these, then which should be preferred for washing the tub?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hehe... I hope this thread will be useful for future potential buyers, especially newbies like me who wold be purchasing w/m for the first time.
Again credit goes to you guys for active involvement and making this possible../m\

Upvote 0

Back