Need Suggestions for a New Computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,701
Sandybridge was a new architecture. Ivy bridge is an evolutionary step. The new generation after ivy bridge will be a big step forward. Just wait for these to be released in India and see if i5 2400 is available cheaper.

works on same motherboard types?

when i was upgrading my desktop from a core2duo to something better, intel literally drove me nuts. the combination i wanted to purchase was turning out to be so expensive compared to a comparable AMD. decided to ditch Intel for AMD. hard to say how much of a performance hit it turned out to be, but the budget solution has worked well for the last 2 years. i plan to stick with it for another year before deciding if i need another upgrade. would largely depend upon what windows 8 turns out to be. maybe i would end up ditching the desktop and getting a touch enabled ultrabook. :|

Intel has ownd AMD in recent years. If you believed AMD was best and intel was rip off, you probably didn't look harder at Lower Intel CPUs. I am not intel fanboy, but I am done with AMD and hate them. I hate AMD fanboys even more.

heh. i got a decent quad core amd in a decent price. intel did not have good processors in the same range. got a fantastic motherboard too. worked out well for me. a cousin also went for amd after realizing that intel processors were simply out of range. decided to go for an eight core processor over an i5 configuration.

i have a quad core one. and as for applications, i would assume that things would only improve with time. the cousin does 3D work and said that his apps work better on processors with more cores. anyways, he was pretty happy with the system he ended up purchasing. in the end that is what matters right? :)

I personally think you are getting ripped off on CPU-mono. I had configured i5 2310 and Intel motherboard combo for Rs. 11,000. This was 8 months ago.

8 months back 1 dollar was about 40 rupees now its 50 rupees

looking at the rate i got when i paid for the server renewal yesterday, the situation is worse :D

Back