• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,984

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
has anyone here bought anything on Amazon.com and shipped it to India ??

Computer Product I am looking at costs USD95, and they list 50USD above product price for custom and shipping when I opt for "AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping"

Will I get a notice from Custom Duties department ??

I am ready to pay the import duties, and don't have problem with 50USD, but I would not be happy if I am slapped with 100 USD fine even after selecting AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping.

can someone please shed some light as I need this device on priority.

Get a quote from ishopinternational.com. It is yet to fail me. Got two orders from them this week. And if you end up ordering directly on Amazon.com, take a link from me. I have to see if my US affiliate account works! :D

Upvote 0
Thanks,
how much time they took from Order to delivery.

Amazon rate is Rs.300 cheaper than whats shown in their quick quote.

Also people are saying, amazon will credit back the balance of custom duty if they charged you more upfront.
I think I would talk to ishop in the morning and then place the order by evening itself.

Lets see how it goes.

Upvote 0
Orders were placed on March 28 and March 29.
I got them on April 5 and April 6.
Ask for a first order discount. I think they should offer you a 500 rupee discount. Not sure tho. But worth trying. Use the chat feature and try to get a discount added as you are a new customer.

Upvote 0
If Amazon is showing it can ship the product to India, then that's the price you have to pay. You wont have to pay any extra duties and if Amazon gets charged less duty than what they take, they'll refund you the balance. If they get charged more, its their responsibility.

Upvote 0
Back