Need to connect two laptops wirelessly

themousetrap

ISP
MTNL
HelloI have three laptops working and connected to my Wireless Modem/router,I Have to use my Flash drives to transfer data from one laptop to another..Is there any way to connect all the laptops together and I can share data between each of them.I have already tried accessing them through the Workgroup but then the transfer speed is like NIL...My flash drive provide transfers upto 8.5-9 MBPS and If I access one my laptop through another laptop by connecting from the workgroup shared pc,then the Transfer rates are only 700 kbps...this is real slow..My router capable of providing transfer rates upto 150 mbps..It an N series router but still No solution to my problem.Kindly helpThanks and RegardsNitish Kapoor

You may setup ADHOC network on XP and Windows 7 as well.

Steps for Windows 7:

STEP 1: Creating and setting up ADHOC

[*]Make sure the wireless turned on.
[*]Look at the right bottom corner on your laptop screen, find the Wireless icon and click.
[*]Click on Open Network and Sharing Center to open network control panel.
[*]Click on Set up a new connection or network, you will find it some where in the middle of the network control panel.
[*]Scroll down to the very bottom of the list, and you will find “Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer to computer) network”, select and click next.
[*]Don’t mind the information window just click next to go to the ad hoc option window.
[*]In the option window fill Network Name with the wireless name you want, it will be the SSID of your ad hoc wireless. Select your Security option and fill the security key with the key you want or select No authentication (Open) to set your ad hoc without authentication.
[*]Don’t forget to check Save this network to save setting and then click next, ad hoc should be up and running in a minute.
[/list]STEP 1: Setting up IP Address

[*]If the previous steps done well, close the option windows and go back to network control panel.
[*]Find the Change Adapter Setting link on the left menu.
[*]On the network devices list, right click on Wireless Network Connection Device and click Properties.
[*]Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
[*]Fill IP Address with any address you want, remember to set the other wireless devices (the other computer) to be on the same network address with your computer.
[*] You ad hoc wireless will stay with Waiting for User status until other computers connected to your ad hoc network.
[/list]

Steps for Windows XP:

Visit here:
Setting Up Ad Hoc Wireless Network in Windows XP

Dell LAPTOPS HAVE INBUILT SOFTWARE FEATURE CALLED AS PEERNET FOR SUCH PURPOSE.

ENJOY:irock::irock::irock::irock:

ADHOC network i also tried it can only be done if the two laptops are placed in range of the other laptop....If I want to create a network that is available like an access point throughout my house....I mean to say sumthng related to my wireless router...so that we connect to it and then we can share files between all the laptops that are connected to that access point or sumthng like that...I hope you get me what I am trying to say...

ADHOC network i also tried it can only be done if the two laptops are placed in range of the other laptop....If I want to create a network that is available like an access point throughout my house....I mean to say sumthng related to my wireless router...so that we connect to it and then we can share files between all the laptops that are connected to that access point or sumthng like that...I hope you get me what I am trying to say...

My Dell laptop WLAN card has that feature with inbuilt utility called as peernet. So i dont need any software.

Well There are some softwares which allow you create wireless hotspot access point without wireless router. These listed as under:

1. Connectify (FREEWARE) - This is the best one AFAIK:
Connectify for Windows - Turn your Laptop or Smartphone into a Secure Wi-Fi Hotspot

2. Virtual Router (FREEWARE):
Virtual Router download and reviews from SnapFiles

3. Intel laptop to hotspot converter (PAID SOFTWARE - 15 days trial)
Remote Desktop Software, Remote Control Software, Remote Access Software

thanx...let me try..and all the laptops are running on windows xp

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

through these connectify and virtual router can we share files too among all the laptops connected on the wireless network??

Back