network neutrality site

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,352
W

warthog

First of all FINALLY this forum has this very imp topic.
I was ranting for a year and everyone laughed at me.I guess i had the last laugh

things to see
www.savetheinternet.com

will give you uptodate info on net neutrality.

just look what canadian isps are doing
http://www.freepress.net/node/48530

Canadian regulators have asked whether Net Neutrality rules are needed, and at least some ISPs and most content owners have just said "no" -- Canadian ISPs should have the right to throttle P2P uploads, block certain Web sites, and implement "graduated response" rules.

fascists money grabbers.I hope this recession wipes them off

Is it really an issue in India ? abroad there are several broadband companies with interests in media ventures because of which there have been instances of them manipulating speeds . havent heard of any such instance in India

you were right warthog

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

can u tell in short about net neutrality

Is it really an issue in India ? abroad there are several broadband companies with interests in media ventures because of which there have been instances of them manipulating speeds . havent heard of any such instance in India

Good point, its not an issue (yet) in India. We have had instances of sites being blocked but that usually comes under censorship and is govt. mandated.

Canadian regulators have asked whether Net Neutrality rules are needed, and at least some ISPs and most content owners have just said "no" -- Canadian ISPs should have the right to throttle P2P uploads, block certain Web sites, and implement "graduated response" rules.

This is odd, they have usually had a very forward thinking internet policy in that country. Would make things clear if you could present the other side of the story as well.

I think it might have something to do with downloads being legal there. They do impose a tax on any device that is able to store data, think HDs, any devices containing them and of course optical media as well.

and so blrp my fellow comrade wakens.congrats man for atleast saying "this is odd".

remember they dont attack net neutrality at one go,they do this slowly until you cannot react and its too late
internet 2 is all about censorship
here you go sricky and do watch humanity lobotomy at this new afup site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality

Back