New Airtel Airfiber with inbuilt POE and Esim in Outdoor CPE

• Thread starter Thread starter purnavikas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 4,579
Hi All,

I have recently come across a new device of Airtel Airfiber made with Qualcomm technologies which is newer version than the model AOT-5221ZY.
This new device router features a circular design and comes with a stand to be hanged to a wall and the outdoor CPE unit comes with an esim because it seems as there is no physical sim slot.

I cant extract details from the video as the quality is limited.
Please feel free to add details regarding the build and model number.

Reference video

Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-34-00-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-29-22-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-30-13-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-12-15-27-PM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-05-at-3-20-04-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-12-17-13-PM.png

Disclaimer:​

The content in this article includes references and excerpts from a YouTube video titled "[

Airtel Xstream Airfiber Unboxing || Airtel Airfiber now live in J&K ||Airtel Airfiber New Router||​

]". All rights to the video and its contents belong to the original creator, [HELP J&K Students]. The inclusion of this material is intended for informational and educational purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. If you wish to view the original video, please visit [
Source

This Article is purely for Educational and informational purposes.

@RKhan21
Then I am sorry to say this but our ISP routers F ed up.
Bcak then the routers which used to come with airtel broadband connection (FTTH) only airtel branding is labeld on the device physically but not on the software skin.'
But with new routersyou cant unlock these, because these are equipped with Airtel skin on top, so really cant do much here.
Everything is F ed up.

@RKhan21
Hey, I dont know about how you did it but iam able to connect my drive and access it.
Here it goes:
1.First enable the SMB
Screenshot-2024-08-18-at-1-51-50-AM.png

2.smb://(your ip address)
3.Hit enter from browser (for mac)
you map the drive from network mapping in windows (should paste this link in the window box)

4.Then you will be able to see the drive and if it is private then prompted to sign in with user details which you have created in the setup page.
Screenshot-2024-08-18-at-2-32-51-AM.png

i have recently installed airtel airfiber
so i can say that
1. the intenet feasibily is poor i ordered 40mbps but hardly get 20mbps
2. however sometimes i got better speed in mobile internet
3. this not the right time to get the connection as they are under testing phase
4. i ordered the connection from airtel sales executive
5. i got 40 mbps at 499+GST which is same in fiber
6. my-wifi section is not working in app
7. password change is not working
8. you have only ssid and password sended to your mobile number
9. lan-line calling number is showing but don't know to to do calling as the router have only 2 output LAN port
10. my connection is showing but only plan details no control is possible at the time of connecting in app it is showing no connection
11. new router(cylindrical shape) WPS BUTTON is NOTworking
12 I.P. address of zero_touch air router(cylindrical shape) i.e, 192.168.1.1 which is showing on bottom of it is also NOT working
at the time of airfiber customer care support query is not loaded in short it is pathetic i mean it was showing that no connection but my bill is already howing in app
13. app is not optimised wi airfiber

Please avoid this cylindrical shape IDU.
It has problem with most of the devices connected through wifi and not giving upload speed at all.
OTT apps also not working.
Got it installed yesterday to use it as backup when wired fiber is down but looks like backup connection itself is not working as expected lol.

20240916-130847.jpg

Looks like issue got resolved for me. Its working now since today morning.
Able to get upload speed on all devices through IDU WiFi and all OTT apps are loading and working now on TV.

I have got the new cylindrical shape IDU, It's interface is basic one. Seems like Airtel restricted the router's potential. Any one knows how to unlock this. Also there is a sim card slot in the ODU and type c interface. No idea what to do with that.

Back