New Airtel Airfiber with inbuilt POE and Esim in Outdoor CPE

• Thread starter Thread starter purnavikas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 4,586
Hi All,

I have recently come across a new device of Airtel Airfiber made with Qualcomm technologies which is newer version than the model AOT-5221ZY.
This new device router features a circular design and comes with a stand to be hanged to a wall and the outdoor CPE unit comes with an esim because it seems as there is no physical sim slot.

I cant extract details from the video as the quality is limited.
Please feel free to add details regarding the build and model number.

Reference video

Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-34-00-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-29-22-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-11-30-13-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-12-15-27-PM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-05-at-3-20-04-AM.png
Screenshot-2024-08-08-at-12-17-13-PM.png

Disclaimer:​

The content in this article includes references and excerpts from a YouTube video titled "[

Airtel Xstream Airfiber Unboxing || Airtel Airfiber now live in J&K ||Airtel Airfiber New Router||​

]". All rights to the video and its contents belong to the original creator, [HELP J&K Students]. The inclusion of this material is intended for informational and educational purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. If you wish to view the original video, please visit [
Source

This Article is purely for Educational and informational purposes.

@akshay71 No they didn't. In Chennai they have just started testing in one area and mobiles don't have access too

Went to the Airtel store near my house to enquire about upgradation of my STB to their android STB. The rep. talked me into trying out the airfiber for free for 40 days (in app also showing first bill in 40 days). Installation guys came today itself. 100mbps plan. getting consistently 120 up/down. Their router is the new Nokia round one. 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels can be turned on or off but their names cannot be separated nor manual channel selection option is accessible (it's greyed out). Usually, after 10PM the site near my house gets pretty busy....even on 5G at best its 200mbps down and 20mbps up but surprisingly, the airfiber is mostly holding on to 120mbps up/down Checked with my phone and as expected, 180 Down and 50 Up. I believe they are doing some sort of Upload CA in their device ELSE at least for airfiber, they have rolled ut 5G SA in my area and it might be on a dedicated slice. Who knows because unlike Jio, airtel's router cannot access the ODU stats.

Issues found till now:
My Wifi section is not working in Airtel app.
WiFi password and netw name change via app is not working

New update: Had a power cut in the morning today. When power came, my connection started acting weird. Firstly, VoWiFi stopped working. Thought about testing the speed but speedtest.net didn't connect. Also, laptop connects but none of the websites open. Even airtel app is partially not working on airtels connection. Verified via phone's 5G that this is not an issue with airtel network. Called up cc. Assigned service engineer tomorrow afternoon. Will keep updating.

Last update (for the time being): Internet issue got fixed by itself. Still cannot use the app to configure the router (not a complain as 192.168.1.1 works but locked down as heck)

@Lucifer_King I also got a new Airfiber connection with Cylindrical router but i am unable to access 192.168.1.1, Airtel app is useless as it doesnt work with airfiber. Can you please help with accessing 192.168.1.1 Also everyone seems to be getting 110-120mbps on 100mbps plan. Mine goes to 130-140 at start but then settles at 97-98mbps

recently on airtel airfiber i have noticed pings go below 20ms in my area
im on a 40mbps wifi only plan
i live in a very dense area

Source

Last edited:
Ping on phone is 18-25 average but on AirFiber is around 40ms average🫠 have complained. Have 0 hopes of it getting fixed soon. Only when the cell site near my home will get fiberized, the pings might decrease

Back