New Airtel Fiber connection queries

• Thread starter Thread starter Rudick
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,834
@ Rudic
What TV channels are you getting through STB as part of your plan ? Has the STB been given free to you ?
STB isn't included in 499 plan unless one pays extra for it. As I don't watch traditional TV anymore, didn't opt for STB. Have Android TV and the Airtel Xstream app on it works as Xstream subscription is included even in the basic package.

Still looking for user manual for the Router. Any leads would be appreciated.
Is it possible to change DNS addresses to Google's or OpenDNS ones to have more 'free' access on this Airtel connection? If yes then how?

unable to access that as the page shows nothing of that sorts, just a loading animation keeps spinning. How can I change the PPPoE password?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-222155~2.webp
    Screenshot_20201013-222155~2.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 332
@venkataramani STB isn't given free with the connection. You have to buy it as a separate DTH connection by paying Rs.1500 as security deposit. You will also have to pay Rs.153 minimum every month if you want to use the STB.

So now the issues I'm looking to resolve are following:
  1. User manual for Nokia G-2425G-A ONT device
  2. WAN settings interface is locked in Router's settings. How to unlock it?
  3. How to use Custom DNS address such Google's or OpenDNS one?
  4. Devices connected to main WiFi network are able to access the network shares. To extend range, I'm using another router in WISP mode. Devices connected to that are not able to access the said network shares. How to go about fixing this?

Last edited:
Back