• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,110
  • Views Views 140,322
Status
Not open for further replies.
yashchitale said:
They did not charge me for this month.
WTF? I've been charged ₹1.5k
What's your billing date? Did you request them for a rental waiver or what?

Look at this :|PING www.google.com (74.125.236.114) 56(84) bytes of data.64 bytes from www.google.com (74.125.236.114): icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=361 ms64 bytes from www.google.com (74.125.236.114): icmp_seq=2 ttl=56 time=383 ms64 bytes from www.google.com (74.125.236.114): icmp_seq=3 ttl=56 time=405 ms--- www.google.com ping statistics ---3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2004msmin = 361.973 msavg = 383.716 msmax = 405.498 msmdev = 17.783 ms

No i didn't ask for a waiver. I just warned them saying they better not bill me for this month and i mentioned the TRAI rule of packet loss needing to be

Sorry, a little off topic, but could anyone guide me in changing my ISP? I will be using it for gaming mostly and up to 20GB downloading. Should i go with the Airtel broadband 4mbps 30gb [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]₹1499/-[/color] or 4mbps 80GB [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]₹[/color]1899/- or Tata docomo broadband 10mbps 40GB [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]₹[/color]1699/- or 5mbps 40GB [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]₹1399/-.[/color]

Guys i think to move on to Thunder plan of reliance ( 699 ) I have presently BSNL 750 ULD !! Which one is good NOW ( Give your answer according to present condition of Reliance )

Find out from people in your locality about the quality of reliance in your area. As far as Pune is concerned their quality of service has gone to the dogs. And they don't seem to care about it. AFAIK it depends from region to region. you may get an excellent connection or a terrible one.

hi,
I am planning to take one of this new tender plans and move away from irritating airtel FUP limits.
But I have two concerns stopping me from moving to the reliance.

[*]Contention ratio-I checked the site and they have mentioned that for broadband users they will have 1:10 contention ratio which to my understanding is that if I am on two MBPS plan, I would be sharing my line with ten other users that if all of the users are using net simultaneously the minimum speed guaranteed is only 200Kbps. Hence the claimed plan that it will be truly unlimited no longer remains unlimited without speed drop.

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_postpaidplans.html

[*]I have a lot of concerns where you get lot of legal notices, threats long after you have abandoned the connection and the service. And that the do not really cut the service and after a year or two they may come haunting back at you that you have not paid so-and-so Bill. You agree to pay immediately or they send court orders etc and harassing by some goons. Forums and net in general are littered with such posts.

[*]Also we can't use normal ADSL modem with this and the one which they provide Along with their login. But this last one is not that much of an issue except that most threats and legal notices apply to modern as well saying that you're not return the model and you will be charged for it even after you have returned etc.

I guess this thread has been running from long time and many of the subscribers are Reliance users want to know what have been your experience which can help me make my decision.

Regards,
Aman
[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back