New Connection, Multiple Computers

• Thread starter Thread starter 11slash11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,749

11slash11

ISP
MTNL
Hey guys, I'm using a MTNL night unlimited plan but my usage is so high that I'm crossing my daytime limits and the unlimited plan in MTNL is just not worth it.I don't have an Airtel landline so that means I'm going to have to get that connected as well.I'm thinking of going for the Home 999 Plus plan.In my house, my MTNL connection goes through a wireless router and connects close to 5 computers. Can I do the same on an Airtel connection? Also, does port forwarding on Airtel work the same way as that on MTNL?Also, does anyone know how much time they take to connect you? Alos, I live in Napean Sea Road (Mumbai) what number can I call to book a connection? The website just gives me a list of dealers to visit.Please let me know as I need to make a decision soon.Thanks in advance.

44444121.........call that number....and every ISP is same all give dsl.... just tariffs vary.:cool2:

thank you buddy....just wanted to know what the downtimes and speed are like. Stable?Also if my bandwidth is 384Kbps is that Upload +download or Download only?And what are the pings like?

ping will be higher than BSNL... speeds are constant..384 up and 384 down. after 11 u may get 512+ speeds...though its not a plan feature but a lot of people get these speeds.;)

Ohh awesome...can u tell me what average ping you get? cause i want to be able to play my xbox 360 on live so I want to know what kind of pings you get.Any how much time do they usually take to connect you?Thanks again man.

i havn't got 360 so i cant answer that one...but service is pretty good you shud not have line problems etc. Ping with most american servers is around 350 with europe its around 400... south east asia will be under 200.:thumb:

I have a 256kbps connection on which i get around 320kbps dl and 256ulI get pings of under 150, usually about 100 to singapore while playing Dota on Garena. Pings to indian servers should be about 30-80, and europe-american should be anywhere between 200-400ms. Btw, I'm not sure what router you are using, but I use a Linksys wrt54g wireless router to share my internet between a desktop and 2 laptops. You just need to configure your modem for PPPOE mode, and then you can port forward your router normally.

I use a Netgear WRG614v6. I port forwarded my mtnl connection and I think it should work the same way with this.Thanks for the info on the pings, with 384Kbps I should be able to game online without a problem.Thanks a bunch guys.Anything else I should know about before I go in for it?

Thanks for the link, very helpful. I use my MTNL router in PPPoe mode and it works great!! I think i'll use my Airtel one in PPPoe as well. But thanks for the link, a great help.

Back