New modem for mtnl broadband

Hold on. The link you gave for is a wifi router only and not modem+router. You need a modem+router to replace your MTNL provided one and use wifi as well. Search for D-Link dsl 2750U. It has better range than D-Link dsl 2730 and some other features but price difference is not much. Rest all yours choice - brand/model.
They come with 3 years warranty.

Vikas Sharma_2696 said:
I'm from delh bro..
And can you please answer my question "can i use wifi modem with my internet , i've splitter which is connected to mtnl landline telephone and mtnl modem"
Yes you can use wifi with your MTNL connection. The Delhi sitewould give you info relevant to your city :) D-Link / Tp-Link is what most people buy today so its your choice.
Two modem cum wifi routers which come to mind are 'D-Link: DSL-2750u Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router' & 'TP-Link: TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router '
These two units are being used by many here on MTNL Triband connections. For the TP-Link mentioned above please ensure that you go in for the ver 2 firmware unit.

avisachdeva said:
Hold on. The link you gave for is a wifi router only and not modem+router. You need a modem+router to replace your MTNL provided one and use wifi as well. Search for D-Link dsl 2750U. It has better range than D-Link dsl 2730 and some other features but price difference is not much. Rest all yours choice - brand/model.
They come with 3 years warranty.
what do you mean by modem + router ? can you please explain because i want to buy that wifi modem my budget is 1.1k
In other words, i have to use 2 modems for wifi ? as u said "modem + router" ?

socrates said:
Yes you can use wifi with your MTNL connection. The Delhi sitewould give you info relevant to your city :) D-Link / Tp-Link is what most people buy today so its your choice.
Two modem cum wifi routers which come to mind are 'D-Link: DSL-2750u Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router' & 'TP-Link: TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router '
These two units are being used by many here on MTNL Triband connections. For the TP-Link mentioned above please ensure that you go in for the ver 2 firmware unit.

Have you gone thru the links above buddy? Both units are modem cum wifi router :) Modem is to replace your existing MTNL piece, & the wifi unit is what you enquired about. Wifi can be used to connect your other devices like laptops/tablets/phones/Ebook readers or any device which has wifi and needs the internet. If you are interested in goin in for your own unit then its better to go in for a 2 in 1 unit right now rather than have two pieces (seperate modem & seperate wifi router). This reduces clutter & wires around your PC. :)

Models I mentioned are single units, i.e. Modem+Router in one device, you do not need separate devices. It will replace your MTNL provided modem. Modem actually connects you to the ISP (in simple terms) and router allows you to share the internet. These models have integrated WiFi router apart from 4 LAN ports for connecting wireless devices.
You can also PM me for any further help.

Vikas Sharma_2696 said:
what do you mean by modem + router ? can you please explain because i want to buy that wifi modem my budget is 1.1k
In other words, i have to use 2 modems for wifi ? as u said "modem + router" ?
Asus DSL-N10S is the only cheapest Modem + Wifi-N Router combo you can get. I have one at office and it has been running continuously for 7 months without a single disconnection or re-sync. That itself says a lot.
It will cost you around Rs. 1600 which includes shipping.
Ebay link here

In your budget you can get either a modem or wifi router. If you can spend more, I personally recommend D-Link DSL 2750U. Now, you will not be paying rent to MTNL that is Rs. 50 per month I think.

kreacher10 said:
@Vikas Sharma_2696: Finally what did you opt for? and why. This feedback will others here who are in the same predicament. :)
First of all thanks to all of you to clear all my doubts :)
I will collect more money and will buy 2750 modem + router.
But i've doubt that mtnl delhi take rent of modems, can you give me link for rent of modems for mtnl delhi

Back