New MTNL Triband Connection

that you will have to buy from your local hardware store...... since you have got your own CPE, expect the MTNL guys only to come to your place and make the connection i.e. Set up the router config....thats it....other than that everythings to be managed by you....

Well, that's wot i did, i went up n bought a Linksys WAG200G (modem & WiFi-router integrated). Only prob is i dont have a splitter. Will this be provided by MTNL mumbai or will have i have to buy it, since in the form i specified "No CPE required"???

How much did you pay for it ?

Also, i have 2 laptops and a desktop at home. Laptops are wi-fi enabled, but desktop is not. How much does it cost to buy an extra hardware unit so that i can make my desktop wi-fi ?

Is there any way to avoid the initial charges when applying for Triband 749NU in Delhi? (1300 bucks if am not mistaken). Already paid that once when i got Triband in April 2005...but gave up the connection in Feb 2006. So don't really feel like payin up again. :p

How much did you pay for it ?

Also, i have 2 laptops and a desktop at home. Laptops are wi-fi enabled, but desktop is not. How much does it cost to buy an extra hardware unit so that i can make my desktop wi-fi ?

Wireless adapters are available by both Netgear and buffalo....
Netgear WG111 is available for around 1k (USB based)...you can also go for PCI based wireless adapters which'll come 100 - 200 bucks cheaper....

i'm going to apply for an MTNL landline connection (with internet) tomorrow, hopefully, for my (wife's) clinic...will update u guys how much time does it take...though they've said that all will be done in 10 days or so...let's see...

the guy from MTNL DSA came and collected the documents today evening...so it will go to MTNL office tomorrow...let's see how long it takes...

phone line connected on Friday (Feb 15) and Triband up Saturday (Feb 3)...

so basically whole process was less than 10 days...:thumbsup:

I have applied for MTNL broadband 10 days ago, but havent received the connection yet. Whenever i call, they say they are still clearing connections of those who applied on 26th Dec 2007, and that my connection will take atleast 1 more month.Now the problem is, i am no more interested in MTNL and want to go for local cablewallah. So how do i cancel the connection ? Will i have to pay any fine to cancel the connection ?

^ Just go to the csc and tell them that you want to cancel your registration. That should do the work. Btw, is the cable more reliable than MTNL? :confused:

well don't go for cable MTNL - Airtel way better solutions.unless you know something we don't:)

@/members/dark_horizon/ Please avoid middlemen . Your Cable wallah gives feed from another ISP ( say DIFY) and when you get a problem neither will help and pass the buckto each other.There is no penalty for cancelling ( being Semi Govt corporation )but you miss the queue again !

Back