New MTNL Triband Connection

The reason i stopped using my cablewallah net, was that he stopped the Lan sharing facility i.e. you may have heard of DC++, sharing files on LAN where i get download speeds in the range of 2 mbps from other users.Now, my cablewallah has restarted the Lan facility, and am no more interested in MTNL.

i had applied for mtnl on june 1, '07 & got their offer for connection around mid december, '07 (after 6.5 months!!!) & i refused that connection 'coz i wanted 590 NU (which was discontinued on june 20, '07) & was not willing to spend 849 + tax = 950 / month.@dark_horizon, dont cancel your mtnl application 'coz your connection might still be around 2 months away (though they are saying its only 1 month away). what if your cable service deteriorates & the lan sharing is closed again or what if your requirements change, you will have to start again at the end of the queue. if they (mtnl) knock on your door for the connection, just refuse them, thats what i did & no penalty

Its 1 month since i applies, but still there is no response from MTNLWhat to do ?My current Tata subscription ends within 2 weeks, and i don't have the guts and the mental strength to continue with the pathetic service of Tata.Any suggestions friends ?

ask ur exchange abt status and how much time it will take. if 2weeks then u might d/c tata and run on dialup for 2weeks. if more than 2weeks then u may renew ur tataBB for a month.

Whenever i call the exchange, they say, it will take 15 days more !Thats the standard answer !

so that means atleast 1 or 2 more months. u might want to renew ur plan with minimum amt and minimum period. try to bargain with mkting dept by telling them that if u dont reduce price and period i am going for MTNL

OK..This is for everyone..who are waiting for Triband connection.Folks..Please understand customer care and phone service...is a very new concept which was introduced in India for only a decade ago and all MTNL babus are oldies who hadn't had any experience of these sorts to deal with humans for 20+ years or so and now they all are in top positions.You have to understand, all MTNL staff prefers more human to human contact while dealing in service..cos it had become their nature when they joined MTNL..it will take a new generation to totally sync in customer care etc .So to start..You have to visit your nearest MTNL office once to get a connection with a week.I have not seen any guy in my area who has visited the MTNL office and not got a connection in a week or days.Yes..its that simple..this logging of online customer waiting list and getting cleared one by one from the excel file will take months..cos thats the procedure..I had three connection on total in two years due to work and people said it will take me months to get connected while i got connected in days without even paying any underhand money.You have to show your face to MTNL folks atleast once to get connected fater.Another thing..get your own modem, the first thing if you meet them personally is they ask you this..your own modem or MTNLs..if you say my own..they willl do it faster...if you say MTNLs the they will say modem shortage and your trip will be cut.Then get hold of the lower guys lurking around the office and ask about the line man who does the work in your area...show him your face and get COOL...all he has to do is put a jumper in your line..which takes less than five minutes..but if you want a ALL new phone line connection but triband...you have to rub your socks more..cos lots of guys are involved in it and you have to take the rounds of MTNL more than once..i know atleast 4 office deals in new connection from hardware store to the DM and inbetween...but start from the lower and then go to higher..yeah..generally we know ..we have to go to higher level and go down..but in MTNL and most gov. office..its the other way around...get hold of the line man first and then go to the top..cos when you go to the top..he will ask for the line man..and if you have him under his belt...the DM will give his nod..See MTNL guys cannot be fired..everyone is a hero in there..you have to give your respect all around not just top guys.Just put your pants and hop into the office of MTNL..sitting in your butt in home and calling and calling and inquiry will not do any help..i did that earlier untill someone told me to go to the office and all things got sorted out.MTNL very much likes human interaction ironically than phone conversation :DWith my experience, if you give personal touch, respect all around and go to MTNL office for your connection...you will be erased of the so called waiting list and put on top in few seconds.I have seen the waiting list big file and the excel sheet in MTNL office....when you go and be cool all around....you can see your number and your name and if all goes good..which will.cos you are there..they will just put some numbers in adjacent to your line and write some words and go to there PC and do cut copy paste and few calls and voila..you are on...yes its that simple.for completely new connection ...you have to work some more..but you will definately get a new connection less than a month..if you move around MTNL office for some days.Good Luck

Back