New Software Upgrade on tata sky plus dth Set top DVR Box

• Thread starter Thread starter hondaactiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 15,419
didnot get to notice it but saw that my current version is 22 april now....the only change i saw was an addition of auto standby option in settings i think...though today the system hung up on me like windows does...twice i don't what to think...another change now is signal strength shown now is 170 ish from 250 ish and signal quality...between 20 -40....very bad
I see once the Software is Upgraded the Signal Strengths in the T1 & t2 is about 158 & 158.:o

Well on Monday evening (18th May) i left to Tirupathi.......and i returned home yesterday (19th May)..........the programmes which are supposed to get recorded on 18th may did not get recorded........only one programme name was mentioned in the plan list and that too stated recorded fail.......i really dont understand what happend......when i was looking all these thing suddently a black screened appeared stating that software upgrade is happening it lasted for 10 mins......The only change which i found after that software update is that earlier in the guide menu when we press the tamilo channel channel guide list......to view isaiaruvi guide we need to press down to view but browser get stuck and we cant also view isaiaruvi schedule......but now every thing is working fine in the guide menu for tamil programmes......did any one notice any other changes.........

heh. so it recorded the firmware upgrade process instead of actual programming? that sucks.

heh. so it recorded the firmware upgrade process instead of actual programming? that sucks.

The had scheduled the programme recordings on 18th may but none got recorded and the Software uprade happend to me on 19th may evening.....

I really dont understand why was the programme did not get recorded...........

This is the first time it has happend to me........

BTW, the current versions showing for my box STB are:PVRSWVersion: 1.0.3.001 PRODUCT Apr 27 2009Driver Version: 0.0.28 MAR 25 2009Core 3.1.24 Apr 27 2009Just clarifying since someone mentioned April 22 above... typo?

That is not possible. Because STB cannot perform any operations while upgrade is in progress.
But if recording is going on or scheduled in next 10-15 min, software upgrade should be deferred, or propmted to user. (That's what happens in the service which I am working in UK. User is prompted for upgrade, if he doesn't respond in 1 min, Upgrade process starts. If user defers, it is attempted again in 3 hours, with 3 chance to defer, after which no option given to user to defer upgrade. If recording is going on or scheduled in next 10-15 min, upgrade automatically defers for 3 hours).

One thing i noticed is that the STB become fast but the Signal Strength gone down to 150 T1 & T2 Channels keeps on freezing . Called CC they are clueless as Usual

BTW, the current versions showing for my box STB are:
PVRSWVersion: 1.0.3.001 PRODUCT Apr 27 2009
Driver Version: 0.0.28 MAR 25 2009
Core 3.1.24 Apr 27 2009

Just clarifying since someone mentioned April 22 above... typo?

yeah must be :)

Back