Nextra Fiberbolt 10 in Gurgaon

• Thread starter Thread starter vipfloyd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 23,635
ISP
Nextra
I got fed up of my BSNL connection where I had a 4mpbs and was barely getting 400kbps. Called up Airtel guys to ask whether they can give me 8mpbs plan, the ftts site one. To my surprise, I got the answer as yes. When the Airtel person came to collect documents he told me about Nextra, which is sister concern of Radius Infratel.
I remember Radius infratel setting up fiber in our society and installing intercom etc. He also told me that Airtel uses the same infrastructure of Radius/Nextra, for ftts connections in my society. The same sales person works for Nextra and Airtel. I thought to give it a try. :) Because Nextra uses DSL, I had to order a new modem. Connection will be made by wednesday.
Will keep you guys posted on performance and details.

Nextra guys kept their promise of Wednesday. Gave a call early morning before coming and were there in 20 minutes. Finished the installation in 10 mins. Gave me demo of speedtest using different servers and youtube etc. Engineer was very vocal about fiber over copper etc.
I bought DSL Modem from them for 1500 bucks. My society has FTTS- fiber to site as explained by engineer. Some of the places Nextra covers has FTTH - fiber to home. Fiber to site has fiber till a mainboard, i am not sure what brings to my home. FTTH exists in some places like Princeton estate, Gurgaon.
Speed is pretty awesome - both upload and download. I took Fiberbolt 10 [10 mbps] with a 15gb Addon - makes Fair usage at 30 gigs. Good enough for me. I hope they are reliable. :) Will keep BSNL for a week, for backup.
Cost- 1400 + Taxes. I was paying 1350 + Taxes for 4 mpbs with 20 gigs FUP.

Speedtest using different servers. Nextra has server listed in speedtest.
https://www.speedtest.net - Nextra
https://www.speedtest.net - Airtel
https://www.speedtest.net - Hughes

I checked. They're not available near DLF Phase 1... :(I only have Tikona, Airtel and BSNL as options...

They or someone else like Beam should go BIG! Cities like lucknow don't get any proper connections.I don't even have Airtel in my society and thats why I'm stuck to Reliance.
I hope there will be a fiber boom in India too :D

Yeah. India would magically shrink in the coming years making it extremely cost effective for these companies to lay down fiber around all the parts of the country just like that.

Or if the government orders them to. And funds half the cost. But this is wishful thinking But I don't think their priority is to establish ftth in cities...

Why should the government invest in a fiber network? The only reasonable thing that can happen is that BSNL and MTNL merges. Combined entity focus on infrastructure development that is then rented out to private players so that private players do not have to spread their own network. They can just rent the fiber from the government owned company and focus on the service element.

That's what I'd meant. Gov or Gov Co's giving ftth a push. Sorry if i wasn't clear. Just got to know my exam is postponed. :nono:

Back