no net after 749NU to 899 TriB Combo Unlimited

malay.keshav

ISP
749 nu
i recently changed my plan to the 899 Trib Combo from the 749NU ....but now i cannot connect to the internet...the modem shows that the net is connected at this this speed ,but my comp says that there is no Internet Connection(vista has a diff logo 4 'LAN' and 'Internet on LAN')....Also the CRC error count in the ADSL modem status page increases everytime i try to open a webpage...i used my laptop to check if there is any prob with my PC but it showed the same result...i used my friends modem but it was the same case...(no net & the CRC error increasing)..All the lights LAN ,Power and ADSL link are ON...i have to leave the computer for an hour or so to get a net connection...and even after that it goes on and off over & over ....wat is the problm??

its not because of the change in plan...yesterday MTNL servers were down..they r working now..check now weather ur net is working fine

it seems to be working for now....i have been having this problem for 3 days so even if the server was down yesterday...what about the odr 2 days?

the problem is back....CRC error increasing and no net...after net net connection(after 1 or 2 hours) frequent connect & disconnect...

well, there was some problems from the MTNL side for past few days...yesterday everything ws back to normal with no downtimes....

now atleast the net is stable but i get a connection after a very long time..(5 -10 minutes)...is it normal?because when i had the 749 NU would get connected in a few seconds.....

well, its not normal..did u change ur "network connections" setting or something???

Today it took me 10 minutes to get connected after i just rebooted my router. I was getting msg in the error log : Authorization failed- Failed to get IP addressMTNL's servers are buggy these days

yap!!! they r really buggy.....if u have got connected then u r lucky..wid mtnl we r riding our lucks..

Back