No one has the copyright on terms like India, Haryana, Delhi, New Delhi?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,621

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am surprised to see that Indian government seems to have no regulation on uses of names like India, Haryana, Gurgaon etc etc on the web. Indian government does not own India.com. Essentially... Whoever buys the domain name gets to do anything with it!

as they say jai ho!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

omfg quick check gurgaon.com
its you!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

your name sushubh came!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Twitter
Sushubh @gurgaoncom ah well your opinion. i would see what gurgaon.com looks like in a couple of months. good luck with that.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

the net scares me.its soo centralised.esp live search by google.
World Wide Wiretap

its not me. i do own gurgaonblog.com which i personally think is not equivalent of domain squatting.

i actually had a long conversation with the guy/guys who own gurgaon.com...

he claims that i have been polluting the internet with techwhack.co.

incidentally, techwhack.co does not follow anyone on twitter. 900+ folks follow it on twitter.

the guy contacted me asking me if i would like to blog for his site.

in simple terms. he accused me of polluting the web through techwhack.co when he himself contacted me first with his own project gurgaon.com.

i would be surprised to see if gurgaon.com does not become yet another website on the web with little to nothing of originality. though the owners of the domain name might shock me!

anyways. personally i am not very happy with the way TW is progressing. but i run it anyways. and use it to compliment the protests going on here.

here are some of the tweets that were not flattering.

Twitter / gurgaoncom: techwhack.co - is this an ...
Twitter / gurgaoncom: @Sushubh :d - I meant what ...
Twitter / gurgaoncom: @Sushubh lol. people do no ...
Twitter / gurgaoncom: Funny - it hurts people mo ...

basically i am being accused of corrupting the web by someone who might be on its way to do the same. :)

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

the net scares me.its soo centralised.esp live search by google.
World Wide Wiretap

btw. it is all public and easily indexable because we allow it to.

twitter is indexed in real time by google. it is a known fact.

and google caffiene update enables it to index web pages too in real time making them available on search engines.

you should see how quickly new threads on the forum becomes searchable on google.com.

and that is the reason why i prefer to use google custom search on broadbandforum.co and elsewhere.

it is simply too fast and pretty accurate for searching on a website.

admin it seems you have gotten too big.this site name is perfect so to take this OT, have to been contacted by thungs,goons,streetwannabes,imposters,police,law?

haha. you dont know nothing man. i know folks around here in gurgaon who are like 10-50 times bigger on the web. the only difference is that they are not publicly visible. the problem with me is that i am publicly connected to all sites i own/operate. and some of them are not as flattering as this forum. i do hope that whatever i do end up helping someone somewhere on the web. and i do not personally believe in spamming. this is the sole reason, i do not go around following hundreds of folks with the official account of india broadband forum on twitter. same is the case with TW. i run some sites. if you like them, you would follow them. otherwise you would not hear about them. period!

eg of those sites who are operated by hidden gurgaonites? and how much they make and you per month. and did you get the idea to have this website name.was it taken already?

dude. i came in contact with a couple of folks. they prefer to stay private. so i am not going to talk about them. but there are big online businesses operating from different sectors in gurgaon. :) you just do not get to see the owners.

@admin - ah, I guess this is one of the threads where you mentioned warthog tried to ask how much you earn.

Back