nokia 5800 wifi problem

• Thread starter Thread starter nitesh28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 31,936

nitesh28

ISP
mtnl
hi, i have mtnl broadband at home and office. i have just bought Nokia 5800 wich has wifi connectivity. my phone detects the network but whenevr i try to browse it says no gateway reply. mtnl says we dont know anything and nokia says they dont know anything. nitesh

I fail to understand why all the nokias have same problem? I had this problem with N91, formatted the phone and it worked somehow!

thanks, but i think there must be another way. my cousin has n95 his wifi runs on bsnl and not on mtnl. is it advisable to format my brand new phone. what about all the orgnal software and everything.

dont format your phone, wont be of any use.do you get connected to the network? is dhcp enabled on your router?btw i would like to inform you about a hardware bug in 5800. you might face the problem of sound in earpiece. while on call the volume would go down and up while talking. the service center would fix it up for you.

It depends on how your wifi is setup. For instance what level of security you use. I have SSID broadcast disabled on mine, and as a result it doesn't detect it even though I have defined it as an access point. But when I need to use it through the browser, or Fring, Gmail or any other program, it comes as an option and I can use it.Do you have mac address security enabled?

thanks alot, my dhcp was disabled. it is working now thank u viralbug and all the others.

thanks alot,

my dhcp was disabled. it is working now thank u viralbug and all the others.
correct,I have E51.I set my router in pppoe mode and enter security ssid code in phone when asked and working fine.PLEASE ENABLE SECURITY IN WIFI.OTHERWISE SOME TERRORISTS CAN MISUSE IT.

Anyone who has downloaded the new firmware update for 5800..?? Really interested to know if this has set right the many ailments that the 5800 had.:@

It's been 3 weeks since i bought my 5800. I have few problems with the phone1. Battery dies off in one day ( i browse internet for atleast 2-3 hours, 1 hour of talking nad 20-40 mins of games) let me know about the performance of my battery.2. I am unable to access my calendar. when ever i click on calendar screen just flashes and remains in the smae page, no calendar is open.3. My video player jams for every 10 mins while watching movies in MP4 format4. Unable to watch videos in youtube. Says the video is loading and remains at 0% for a long while.5. Can we open multiple pages like Safari. is there any browser with simialr capabilities that can be instaled in 5800

thanks alot,

my dhcp was disabled. it is working now thank u viralbug and all the others.

Could you please tell how you made it work?
I also cannot connect it to my wifi modem.

Back