• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,194

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
lol. these rumors are actually a few days old!

As reported earlier, Nokia is working on a Lumia range smartphone with a 41-megapixel camera sensor. The rumored smartphone might well be called the Lumia 1000, which was spotted on a registration page at China Mobile. Nokia Lumia 1000 was previously rumored to carry the EOS name, though it's unclear if that name will stay now.

Lumia phone with windows 8 and 41mp camera sensor is long overdue. What was Nokia thinking when they launched 41mp sensor phone with symbian running on it?

Nokia was not thinking anything. They launched what they had been working on for a couple of years at that point of time. PureView technology did not come out of nowhere. It had been under development for 3-4 years. And guess what Nokia used at that time? Symbian. The entire software stack was developed for Symbian. And the hardware as well. That is why Nokia 808 PureView was a Symbian device and not a Windows Phone model. Remember here, Nokia was developing the hardware, the software and the technology itself themselves. Nokia had already started working on bringing PureView to Windows Phone and Lumia 1000 might be it. The question of course is that how thick it would be. It might be technically impossible to fit the same sensor that 808 had in a body that is as slim as smartphones of today.

Well they are late to the party. If they had the technology, why waste it on a lost cause like the symbian? Why not develop the same for windows and then launch it ..they could have atleast got the exclusivity of having world's first smartphone with 41mp sensor. That could have gotten windows phone some publicity. But again, maybe they had to release it so that investors could have some faith in them a little longer. If I was their adviser, I would have advised them not to release that symbian phone. I don't mind if phones are little bit thick ..Some phones I used were so slim that holding them in one hand sorta became awkward. 808 had the camera sensor jutting forward which made the phone not to lie perfectly flat when it is laid on the table. That's a strict no-no.

because whey they started work on it, windows phone did not even exist? you do not just put sensors in a phone and get it to work without having the software stack in place. they did what they could with the first generation of lumia devices with a basic pureview model which is still better than what competing devices offer. also, it does not matter what you or me mind. the smartphone market is all about slim devices. so it remains to be seen if they can really fit in the 808 camera in a slim lumia device if the reports of this upcoming model is true.you need to realize something. the phones that launch in the market today are usually conceptualized a year or two before. samsung probably is already working on S5 and S6. Nokia was working on pureview for 3-4 years at least if i am correct... and it was developed purely with symbian in mind. because at that time symbian was still the market leader and no one would have imagined that nokia would ditch it for an outsourced mobile platform in the coming years. it took nokia around a year to develop and launch their first generation windows phone devices. it was obvious that bringing the same pureview tech would take a bit longer. and they might finally be close to bringing it to the market.also... at that point of time nokia was also working on meego which was to become their next choice of mobile platform. nokia probably was more ready to launch meego based devices with pureview than of course windows phone which they do not develop themselves. :)

These names are like similar to that of cricket bats and beers :D

But even then..seeing the way iOS and android claiming marketshare, Nokia would probably had stop the development on symbian and start on windows or android. But bygones be bygones. Nokia messed up big time by ditching meeGo. Microsoft effectively trojan horsed Nokia. Nokia based androids ...would have been perfect :D

I am still not sure Nokia 1000 would be a "Phone". I thought it would be tablet PC by Nokia powered by Win 8 or WP8.

But even then..seeing the way iOS and android claiming marketshare, Nokia would probably had stop the development on symbian and start on windows or android. But bygones be bygones.

Nokia messed up big time by ditching meeGo. Microsoft effectively trojan horsed Nokia. Nokia based androids ...would have been perfect :D

as you said. they were betting on meego before elop was installed as malware in the nokia management. things changed after that.

as for nokia and android. it is still a possibility. and i think it is pretty clear that they can easily eradicate any competition from samsung by switching to it in the coming future :D

I am still not sure Nokia 1000 would be a "Phone". I thought it would be tablet PC by Nokia powered by Win 8 or WP8.

i really hope they use a different branding for tablets. lumia should be reserved for wp smartphones.

MWC should revel more about the much hyped WP pureview.. If at all..they launch this phone..wonder where they will price it!Must be around 45-50k lol :-D

Back