Nokia Lumia 620

• Thread starter Thread starter pankaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 14,739
Flip to silence - supported and works.
Glance - Not supported. Screen for setting options is not there. Only touch sensitivity - normal / high (with gloves) option is available.

SVK said:
http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/30/lumia-amber-your-questions-answered/
Its really confusing, and some tracking table is needed to check which phone supports which feature from Amber update.
As for Lumia 620-
Double tap to wake up - Not supported
Flip to slience - Not supported
FM Radio - Not supported
Glance Screen - supported (It wont work only only on 520 and 625) - http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/15/green-light-for-lumia-amber/

Strange. As per Nokia conversation, Glance could/should be supported while Flip-Silence could not be supported :)

Sold my Samsung Omnia W, and got new Nokia Lumia 620 for ₹ 11K :)
Usage wise I didn't find any difficulty as I was using WP for over year now, but WP8 experience is huge difference. They have made lots of changes in WP8 compared to WP7. Some of which I noticed in few hours of usage-
- Supports Indian Languages (Very important for me to read SMS, FB, Twitter, WhatsApp).
- Supports Bluetooth file transfer.
- Supports External memory card.
- Has option to backup messages to Skydrive.
- Customized Lock screen by using images from various app as Lock Screen Wallpaper.
- Multiple SMS delete, multiple picture delete by selecting more then 1 picture.
... (more to follow)
Besides got big collection of Nokia apps, and I must admit that Nokia has put lots of effort for bringing these apps.
Bad thing is I didn't get Amber update as I had to leave handset at shop for couple of hours during which they would update handset to Nokia Amber and also install offline maps and few more apps (free for first time). I would have to give handset to shop to get these stuff installed.

^^^ Sure, but that site seems to be down, its not adding new handset in signature link :)

Yesterday, my wife's lumia 620 went kaput. After sending an sms, it started behaving funny. Each icon expanded to occupy full screen. After most of the icons were deleted, the phone froze showing gear/spanner head symbol. Incoming calls were received but nothing else could be done.
Nokia service centre diagnosed it as software corruption (not due to virus or app failure) and reloaded the software. It seems ok now. Have to check version and new features.

Back