Nokia Lumia 710

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 5,269
Maybe a new entry soon in Lumia Family ;)

Could be but if thats true and this is the reason, they won't slash the price by this much amount for now as new device if any is coming soon will take at least 1 month to hit the market.

A white Lumia 800 for now or soon and price cut of 1000 or more on lumia 800 too.

companies do not discount phones that were launched just weeks ago to kill competition.

it's not like omnia has just arrived in the market and is undercutting Nokia on price.

nokia took long time to launch these models in india and they had enough time to see what the competing devices are priced like.

----------

and of course the numbers mentioned in the link above is speculative. and even then 1 million is not a huge number for a company like nokia. samsung has shipped more than 1 million units of Galaxy note which is not even a regular smartphone aimed at generic customers.

I must share this! I was to the pune central today afternoon and was checking in ezone section. Lumia 710 is selling there at 13299 bucks (flat 30% discount) with heavy promotion and Nokia guys were there in lumia branded shirts along with lots of demo phones and new monster branded lumia headphones and other accessories. 5-6 people purchased 710 in front of me in roughly 10 minutes of time while I was checking tablets on demo. i was like wtf! this nokia is so good at promotion and 13.3K for lumia 710 is something one should really call a deal!Was particularly impressed by design of headset series created for lumia by monster. couldn't check the performance coz of lot of crowd.

of course it is an excellent purchase for 13.5K. just like Nokia n8 was an excellent purchase for around 22k last year. as my friend said on twitter... nokia continues to make the best hardware. the problem is that no one wants their software. and they have to resort to cheaper pricing to sell their phones. something that they never did before android came and ate their lunch. remember how shitty nokia symbian phones were priced before android landed in india?

For 13299, the 710 is a steal. I have my issues with how it looks (the physical appearance), but as a package it definitely is worth those bucks.

I like its look personally. also I was suspecting that 3 hardware buttons on front will spoil the user experience but didn't feel that in real and i was quite comfortable with it. the white version looked gorgeous. my issue is with restricted nature of W7 platform. wish the future iteration of platform sort out the things by some amount at least. otherwise the UI and user experience is more fluid and consistent compared to android, symbian and BB..

----------

of course it is an excellent purchase for 13.5K. just like Nokia n8 was an excellent purchase for around 22k last year.

as my friend said on twitter... nokia continues to make the best hardware. the problem is that no one wants their software. and they have to resort to cheaper pricing to sell their phones. something that they never did before android came and ate their lunch.

remember how shitty nokia symbian phones were priced before android landed in india?

of course it is an excellent purchase for 13.5K. just like nokia n8 was an excellent purchase for around 22k last year.

as my friend said on twitter... nokia continues to make the best hardware. the problem is that no one wants their software. and they have to resort to cheaper pricing to sell their phones. something that they never did before android came and ate their lunch.

remember how shitty nokia symbian phones were priced before android landed in india?

agree. eg N97 with inferior software and inferior hardware as well was insanely priced. but now they are improving a lot on software side. i was impressed by performance of N8 running leaked symbian belle (ooouch.. nokia belle!). if they launch improved version of N8 with hardware that of nokia 701 or 700 and same 12MP camera module, i will buy it even at same price of Galaxy s2. and WP7 is shaping up very nicely. just that its restricted nature is keeping me away from it (many people might be staying away from WP7 coz of this reason, just my assumption). about hardware, its undoubtedly superior in terms of quality than the competition, all nokia branded hansets i had from 3230 to 5800 were of really great built quality. i have nokia 101 as backup phone now and its damn good hardware and feature wise considering dirt cheap price.. its a peace of mind phone, very reliable (does the tasks i want it to do very well) and cheap that i wont feel bad that much if gets stolen or lost.. :P

Back