Nokia Lumia Black Software Update

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,876
SVK said:
Those feature missed (like Glance screen, Tap to wakeup) were due to technical limitations of screen used. If such technical limitation avoids any feature, then it will not work in Nokia Black/GDR3 as well.
Nope. I was talking about the FM radio!
If you visit the WindowsPhone forums you will find lot of issues regarding this for Lumia 520. I heard 720 amber update too had issues

Unable to check for updates (80072ee2). WTF is this? :S

^^^ Trying on WiFi or 3G?
I guess checking updates on 3G wont work.
Besides if lots of people trying to check updates, server may refuse connection sometimes :)

I have Lumia 620, and so far Nokia has not announced Black update for my handset.

So we can update it only with wi-fi? :(
I can't download large maps, can't download apps beyond 50 mb and now can't download even the update despite having several gb data per month. I am liking the windows phone less and less everyday.

I would suggest for Lumia owners to go slow on updating your phones, when many rush to update, the initial rush creates its own set of problems. Let somebody else do the beta testing :D for you then go & do the updates after you are certain its beneficial for you. I have always followed this rule for my Android phones.

I didn't have any problems with Amber update on 720, except that the "double tap to wake/unlock" was not available.
The Black update is Nokia's firmware update but mostly targeted at larger screens and camera improvements. It will also include Windows phone GDR3 update.

Back