nokia siemens modem.... broadband not working... How to configure it...

ISP
BSNL
hi,I got a new broadband(250 starter plan) internet connection last week. At that time, i didn;t have a pc to test the connection. so the people who came to install the connection just connected the Nokia siemens modem to the phone line and went. I took that modem to my friend's home to check it with this PC. It worked there.:happy:After one week, i got a new laptop. Now when i connected the modem through the ethernet cable, the connection is not working. I have windows XP SP 2. I wanted to tweak the setting myself .. so I opened the IE and changed some settings in the modem's settings page... some how, i by mistake had reset the modem with the factory settings... :S:SNow, In the modem, only power, link, and PC/USB bulbs are glowing. the 'data' bulb is not glowing. How can i make my connection work again. I contacted BSNL service, they say lame excuses for not coming to my home to reconfigure my modem . .. it looks like it will get late for them to come to my home to correct the problem...my work is getting delayed....:cry:people, please help me to reconfigure my modem and make my connection work again smoothly... what should i do now...please help....:cry:

Back