Nokia Siemens Network C2110 firmware upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter tarundas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 15,513
The Nokia Siemens Network C2110 is basically an outdated cheap Chinese ADSL modem manufactured by Shanghai Dareglobal Technologies Co., Ltd. (Model DB108-E).

@tarundas

From where you got a FW version to downgrade ?

TWhat was the original version
?here are two models . one does not need a Fw upgrade.

C2110 (Type-A) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

Post screenshot of device info

The Nokia Siemens Network C2110 is basically an outdated cheap Chinese ADSL modem manufactured by Shanghai Dareglobal Technologies Co., Ltd. (Model DB108-E)

compare the Hardware Board ID and software version.
they are not same.
DB108 more akin to Ut300R2U new model /beetel220Bx/beetel110Bx1 etc.

Thank you for your reply essbebe, but I am sorry to say that was not exactly my question. Once again, Where to find latest firmware upgrade for Nokia Siemens Network C2110 ?

Well, I would like to answer your questions ...

Q. "From where you got a FW version to downgrade ?"
A. From BSNL site itself (V55.1.04.02)

Q. "What was the original version "
A. I think it was V55.1.04.10

"here are two models . one does not need a Fw upgrade."
A. I said, I did it by mistake ( read my original post )

"C2110 (Type-A) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION"
A. I did not say I cannot manage to get the device working

"Post screenshot of device info"
A. I think you got all the information from above answers that you intended to get from screenshot. If you are interested in Model Number it reads Vulcan BSP v0.01 / Vulcan CSP v0.01 after the downgrade. I have no idea what was it before.

Where to find latest firmware upgrade for Nokia Siemens Network C2110 ? I downgraded the firmware by mistake!

You can try a Google search. or any other search engine.
or try the Siemens website.

Also the search box on top of this page for previous posts about c2110.

IF IT WORKS DON'T REPAIR

A through search in Google did not help. Neither Nokia Siemens Networks nor Siemens website got a single information about C2110.

IF IT WORKS DON'T REPAIR
Yes you are right DON'T UPGRADE FIRMWARE IN INDIAN SCENARIO because they use outdated devices without proper support from orginal manufacturer. All good manufacturers provide Firmware Updates on their websites and they do recommend upgrading of firmware of their devices even if the device works well with old firmware because that fixes the bugs they have come up with. Example Linksys, if you try to upgrade their firmware the well designed software itself will tell you what is the present firmware version and the version you are going to upgrade.

tarundas said:
A through search in Google did not help. Neither Nokia Siemens Networks nor Siemens website got a single information about C2110.

Perhaps, if you had mentioned why you did the Upgrade/Downgrade
of the FW, members could have suggested a solution.

Since you decided on FW change yourself, I feel ,
, you were competent
to decide that the the problem ,cannot be solved in this forum.
or an attempt made.

I dare not suggest to you anything ,
other than
attempt an answer to the questions only raised by you.
Nothing more /nothing less !

SOLVED!

Here is the CPE C2110 latest software V55.1.04.10 for Nokia Siemens Networks C2110

link-removed: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Back