Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600 PPPoE

• Thread starter Thread starter andy2703
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,689

andy2703

ISP
BSNL
Please help me, I am not being able to access internet via wifi with my cell phone. It is connecting to the wifi network but internet is not working whereas net is working fine on my computer.

Try the following1. Configure your modem in PPPoE mode.2. Enable DHCP in your modem.3. In the TCP/IP properties of your connection (all machines), set " Obtain IP address automatically ".

When you are connected to Internet check here:
What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...
say 117.12.23.34 EXAMPLE
Retype in browser adddress bar.
now a window may open asking USERID/PW
enter admin admin ( or the PW if changed by you )
If confident
RESET the router to factory settings and start all over again
Guide " sticky"post wa3002-g4 quick reference link above.
Confirm system works in wifi mode.

How to configure modem in PPPoE mode? Where can i find it?

----------

Everything is working fine now. THANKS a ton guys.

Check my Sticky post WA3002_g4 quick reference guide. (above)Menu pages are/ may be same. PPPoE: Since you need to connect cellphones etcYou should select PPPoE in Wan Page( Advanced Options WAN )Uncheck bOx "Bridged"Enter your USERID/PW in the page that follow.In LAN page enable dhcp. Also UpnPSave REBOOT ( Management menu ). Feedback.PS:Modem/router's default ID and PW: Change admin adminto avoid access to your router when on line by hackers.

Does anybody knows where to upgrade the firmware of Nokia Siemens Residential 1600 Router any link or site because bsnl motive etc is not working . plz provide the link if any one knows !thanks in advance

Back