• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 784

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
"To give you a reason to switch, I need to make sure the apps that you care about on your device are not only on our phones, but are better. I also need to provide you unique experiences that you can't get on your other devices."
"We are trying to evolve the cultural thinking [at Microsoft] to say 'time is of the essence.' Waiting until the end of your fiscal year when you need to close your targets, doesn't do us any good when I have phones to sell today."
"People rely on applications for their day-to-day life and if you don't have something which I use in my day-to-day life I'm not going to switch [operating systems] because I don't want to compromise the way I live my life just to switch to a phone."
"It's not just about the hardware, it's about the tools that are on the hardware. You can't sell a phone without the apps, you just can't."
He says that by the end of 2013, Windows Phone will be at a point where "people will be hard-pressed to say '[Windows Phone] doesn't have this app' and it makes a material difference. I don't think there will be any [app developers] we don't have commercial agreements with, and so maybe it's not published by the end of the year but it will be published before the end of [March]. "
"As a company we don't want to rely on somebody else and sit and wait for them to get it right."
http://www.readability.com/articles/feu9k0pj

Yes, WP is dumb OS. Nokia should also focus on some new OS for their "Smartphones" (not ASHA phones which lack multitasking, and are not really Smartphones).

Why no word about andriod phones from Nokia. Atleast nokia would support sailfish (afterall it's from nokia ex-employees) if not andriod. Any closed source (windows, ios, BB etc) is content and limited to minimum development. So it fails. Maybe IOS currently have a big market share, but soon it will go down to the 3rd or 4th place within the next 5 yrs ...

Closed OS does not mean less development. Developers will develop for OS which will have higher rate of return and where they can easily make scalable apps to make it work properly on variety of devices. iOS has a upper hand when it comes to app at the moment.

Back