• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,769
Status
Not open for further replies.

darth

ISP
BSNL
Hi, I have the following setup, Huwaei MT882 ADSL router connected to a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router. Currently my desktop PC and BSNL IPTV STB are connected to the router as well. I normally also connect a laptop to the router wirelessly and this works ok. When my IPTV is not running, i.e. I have my TV off and restart my MT882 modem, then I am able to connect to the internet normally frm both my laptp and desktop However, now, if I have my IPTV running, I am unable to open webpages from my laptop connected wirelessly. However, I am able to connect to the internet through my desktop PC. Can someone please tell me what I need to configure so that my laptop is able to connect to the internet as well? Another interesting thing is that even if my laptop and desktop are turned off, I stll see teir connection lights blinking on my router since the IPTV is truned on. If i turn my modem on and off again then all the lights stop blinking. Why is this happening?

Hi, Is your Huwai router in bridge mode or is yr Netgear router in bridge mode. Also explain the connection between the huwaie and netgear to your IP TV. Paresh Hi,

I have the following setup,

Huwaei MT882 ADSL router connected to a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router. Currently my desktop PC and BSNL IPTV STB are connected to the router as well. I normally also connect a laptop to the router wirelessly and this works ok.

When my IPTV is not running, i.e. I have my TV off and restart my MT882 modem, then I am able to connect to the internet normally frm both my laptp and desktop

However, now, if I have my IPTV running, I am unable to open webpages from my laptop connected wirelessly. However, I am able to connect to the internet through my desktop PC.

Can someone please tell me what I need to configure so that my laptop is able to connect to the internet as well?

Another interesting thing is that even if my laptop and desktop are turned off, I stll see teir connection lights blinking on my router since the IPTV is truned on. If i turn my modem on and off again then all the lights stop blinking. Why is this happening?

Paresh, Both the router and huwaeii are not in bridged mode. I have four ethernet ports on my router. I've connected one port to the huwaeii, one to my desktop PC and one to the IPTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back