Not able to connect to DNS - LINUX FEDORA CORE2

• Thread starter Thread starter sivakrdy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,023

sivakrdy

ISP
BSNL
I have used the adsl-setup to configure the pppoe client in linux. For the DNS information i have asked it to automatically select DNS server as we do for windows.Now if i say adsl-start it says after a minute "connection terminated".If i donot give the DNS address then adsl-start set's up a xdsl connection. then i am able to ping to IP address not the domain names.Someone please Help me in setting up DNS in LINUX for dataone.I use FEDORA CORE2

http://i27.tinypic.com/2r2lpy1.jpg[/IMG]try now. download zip file. I am 0 bytes for LINUX!

Evol If i am to use open DNS means i need to use the DNS ipaddress as

true? or is it more than that If i just need to get domain names working?

I was thinking that it might have been do to conflict in assigning DNS address once i ask it do automatically. I was am not sure?

another way to this is going to the terminal and typing sudo gedit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf then the dhclient.conf file will open then add the following line to the end of the file prepend domain-name-servers 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220;the ips above are of opendns.. this works in ubuntu, it should be similar in fedora..hope this helps you!!

thanks a lot for the suggessions. will try these and let you know about the result.@essbebeas i mentioned i am already using adsl-setup to set up connection ( i think it uses rp-pppoe internally to setup connection) i will try out the zip file, but i donot think it will solve the problem. anyway thanks a lot for the help especially for the link.

Back