Notebook-Laptop Battery Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter siddking09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 22,887
Its better to turn off the lappy.. When I contacted HP for a new battery.. they asked for 5K.. well I cant spend 5K on battery...

You’re particular problem may be to do with the memory effect of all batteries where-in they forget their full capcity and never get fully charged even if they say so. So, you need to change your battery after a couple of years. Same thing had happened with my UPS’s battery.

Also, the rated battery life of laptops is a blasphemy. The laptop companies use a synthetic test called MobiMark2007 to rate the battery life of laptops, but how is the test done? It is utter crap. Check out this article by David pogue on this: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/technology/personaltech/25pogue.html

My Brother who works for Dell Support has a lappy which offers him 6-7 :irock: hours of battery even while watching a movie:iplay:.It has a 14" screen:thumbsup:.I was impressed by his battery's performance:yahoo:.I wish I had a similar battery.I just forgot to see the Model of the notebook.:wall:

oh well. Dell guys get awesome discounts. so probably he has a 9 or a 12 cell battery which can give a great backup.

well, My Dell inspiron's battery is dead. It cannot give any more backup. I have taken it out and using the laptop on AC.Sushubh you have any idea how much does a dell inspiron's battery cost here in India?

i thought you got a free replacement from Dell within the first year of operation?well the quotations i got was 10K for 6 cell and 15K for 9 cell. that was for inspiron 1520 last year. i decided to not get the battery and use it on AC. my 1.5 year old battery still gives me a backup time of 5-10 minutes. so it is good enough for fluctuations. you would have to get the latest prices from dell india. i can assure you the prices are going to be obscene. you can also check unofficial sources. some people commented that laptop batteries have regular rechargeable cells in them which can be replaced by anyone who is comfortable with electronics stuff. since you are in new delhi, you can perhaps check out gaffar market for much cheaper alternatives before going for a new one. if you do go for a new one, get a 9 or 12 cell one. 6 cell batteries suck.

yes you are correct i had replaced one. Now the replaced one has gone faulty too after 9 months or so. The quality of their battery sucks.well, i'm thinking against buying a new battery. I will use it as it is. I don't want too spend soo much on a battery. My battery is completely gone and it does not charge also. Dell seriously need to address the quality issues. I don't think i will buy a Dell laptop again/:madness:well, My laptop's battery has already expired. But do we get a fresh one year warranty on the battery when they replace it? I mean i got the previous faulty battery replaced under warranty. Does the replacement piece they send to me carry one year warranty?

well i guess the Dell inspiron 15xx models are the ones with faulty batteries. i have seen a couple of cases on dell's getsatisfaction page. most people have suffered dead batteries within a period of one year. i am in that list and you too are on it. my friend has a dell 17" studio. his battery backup is fantastic after 5-6 months now. i don't see him facing a similar problem. think about getting a replacement battery if someone you know is coming back from the states. you can get rather cheap batteries from third party companies. dell of course does not recommend using non-dell batteries for obvious reasons.

Well have a look at this;

My laptop is quite hot at the moment, I read that the temperature crosses 60 degree while playing games and stuff.

BTW the speed fan shows it's 50 degrees and battery care shows it's 60 degree uh-huh?

Who is right? I am using it on A/C as am home and there is no fluctuation. Eh! Hope it stays cooleoh :glasses-nerdy:

I am not even listening to songs right now, just using Mozilla and it's so damn hot that I can't keep it on my lap. I am confused what to do :huh:

Back