Official Nokia Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter sdmaverick
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6,829
i think the first of the Nokia xpressmusic series mobile phones are somewhat buggy in nature. the new generation phones are likely to be better. nokia is still working on the user interface for touchscreen devices. it is far from perfect. the nokia n900 is just the beginning!

Coming to the issue of buggy touch fones, the 5800 Xpressmusic is rocker of a fone with the new v31 running on it. Absolute fast response wherein the user would not even feel the need for a qwerty keyboard. :happy:Also, I personally own a N97. When I bought it, the firmware was a mess (v10). But since then Nokia have rolled out three firmware updates, with the latest being v20 which introduces kinetic scrolling on the device & it is now WHAT it should have been in the first place. ;)It is a common fact that Nokia perfects a device over a period of time, so probably its a kill joy for early adopters. :iplay:Cheers!

I kinda agree with sdmaverick...have a friend who owns a 5800 tube...its excellent, the large screen, music quality, touch response...total iPhone killer :wewin: u also get senheisser headfones with the fone...thats cool

the n97 v20 should be a breath of fresh life for the device imho :inodding:

----------

guys, can u temme a good place where i can get stuff for s60v5?? I am gonna buy the n97 in a few days....white one...sexi looks :wewin: so wanna pimp my fone !!!

lol...balls to iPhone...cant do simple things like connect to bluetooth, shitty camera, no battery replacement, no sms forward, no multi tasking...and they call it a smart phone...hahahahahaa:p

i am not an iPhone fan but i know what you are going through.

definitely the N97 or the 5800 is much better than the iPhone purely on a smartphone based feature comparison...iphone is good and shiny but not very productive, in short as a power user the Nokia holds the edge....:pleasehelp:

Is Nokia X2 available in the Indian market right now ? many reviews were claiming that it would be released in June/July . I just visited the Nokia site and it just says "coming soon" ?

5800/N97 as iPhone killer. u guys must be kidding.Has anyone compared the touch sensitivity at all. BTW N97 should be the worst costly Nokia phone till now, no phone can ever have so many memory problems for such a price.I have seen both of them and am very happy that I have N85 (even though i hate it)N900 is better but Nokia is the leader in cheaper Smart Phones, no where in the competition for the bets ones

In a bid to capture lost market share in the Indian market, Nokia unveiled, on Monday, its long-awaited dual-SIM-based handsets – the Nokia C1 (C1-00) and Nokia C2 (C2-00).

Nokia was losing out in the Indian market since it did not have a dual-SIM offering. Local brands such as Micromax have seen significant uptake in this segment over the past six months.

Unveiling the new devices, Ms Mary McDowell, Executive Vice-President, Mobile Phones, Nokia said, “According to our deep consumer insights, entry level consumers need dual SIMs for various reasons including economising time and costs, improving efficiency and for increased convenience. To address these consumer requirements, Nokia has launched these devices that offer multiple SIM capabilities with a balanced feature set and ‘relevant innovations' at affordable price points.”

Nokia C1 will be available at Rs 1,999 and will be the first Nokia mobile phone to feature a 2-in-1 SIM solution. Nokia C1 has ‘call divert' feature which ensure that users never miss a call from either of the two SIMs. Moreover, by simply holding down a key, people will be able to switch between the two SIM cards in the phone. Nokia C1 owners will also benefit from a standby battery time of up to six weeks, the longest ever for a Nokia mobile phone.

Nokia C2 comes with Ovi Life Tools and Ovi Mail. Nokia's Ovi Life Tools provides consumers a wide range of information covering healthcare, agriculture, education and entertainment, whereas Ovi Mail offers email accounts for the developing world.

Source

Back