Ombudsman for broadband services

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalyanvgopal

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi, I am also one of the sufferers :wall:of tata indicom broadband.I have reported a compliant stating that my internet is not working and as you know they were not able to resolve it till now. I am planning to take this compliant further to legal level.Do you know if we have an ombudsman from TRAI for reporting these cases. I have already sent one mail to "[email protected]". Surprisingly TRAI is also using VSNL broadband.RegardsKalyan

they have to use some or the other ISP right?btw didnt that mail bounce?

VSNL is pretty good for business connection. Its consumer connection where they suck.Try faxing them instead oh email.

I am sure they must have taken enough care to see that TRAI has an always on connection with zero downtime and no contention ratio.

An expert in the field of software architecture and development once decided to share his wisdom with Indian broadband companies. He faxed the following points to all of them.

1. Make it work.
2. Then make it work faster.
3. First Rule of Optimization : Don't do it.
4. Second Rule of Optimization : Don't do it yet.

The people here couldn't understand a thing. So they read it as - Don't make it work.

heh.anyone remember here that one of the trai offices in delhi were closed down coz it was housed in an unauthorized building?

We use VSNL (along with others) at work. There they know about issues even before us and send notifications.And VSNL used to be a govt company, TRAI would have started with them in that era.

I got a successful delivery recipt notification from TRAI mail id and also tried to call up them. Since it is a saturday security guy picked up the call.
I got the following list of contacts from TRAI website.
http://www.trai.gov.in/right%20to%20information/CPIO.pdf

As I saw the QoS statement from VSNL they are claiming that 99% of complaints are resolved with in max 3 days and I think this is a wrong number.

I remember that few years back VSNL was a monopoly and tried its best to ensure that no other service providers could come its way. But due to increase in demand for internet they had to compromise and allow other players.
Also apart from ombudsman do VSNL has an escalation matrix where in we can escalate the cases.
The funny part (it is not really funny but it is irritating) is their customer service always have one answer.

"Sir, your work in progress as per your complaint records."

In my opinion in order to reduce the cost, they should have kept an automatic answering machine instead of employees.

HI guys,
Watzzup just going through lot of blogs with ref to the matters related to the TATA indicom broadband consumers suffering and wanted to create a unified voice for all of us.
Hence you are requested to provide your vsnl/ tataindicom email id and user id complaint no.
Please drop me a mail at my email id [email protected] :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back