OnePlus One Stuck on "Powered by Android" logo/screen

The phone wasn't turning on, it was going to the "Powered by Android" screen when plugged in. My battery was fine until one morning when my phone wouldn't start.
As soon as the guy changed the battery, my phone switched on normally.
I'm suspicious about the "amount" of water found on the battery top. Surprising because the phone was turned in all directions and it's weird how it stayed so still on the battery.
If the battery shorted, there must have been more internal damage.

Anyway, the case is closed as OnePlus One fully supports its authorised SVC and confirms that no foul-play can take place even if phone is not opened in front of customers.

P.S. Co-incidence or not, another person brought in his OnePlus Two and was complaining about touch problems. His phone was opened by taking it inside and then the SVC guy comes out, says that there is moisture and shows the area to him. Weird much? :|

Waterproof phones hi lo bhaiya.

^Yes. That's why got Moto G3 for a family member and happy with its performance. Solid phone.

h
Update:

Got my OnePlus One fixed. Water/moisture issue which they showed to me. Battery had shorted with water contact.

Things which surprised me at the SVC:

1. Phone not opened in front of me.
2. Water droplets on battery, nowhere else but litmus paper inside had turned pink. (?!?!?!)
3. No damage to other parts (?!?!?!)

Anything suspicious/doubtful which I'm missing out?
how much they charged you??

@vijaypathak077

The whole thing cost me Rs 343 (Service charge) + Rs 1200 (Battery replacement) + service tax on both amount.

Next time I'll persist the SVC guy to open the phone in front of me in case of any other issue.

So it was a battery issue after all, with the term "battery short" being very loosely used. A battery short would've generated a lot of heat and would in all probability be noticeable at first glance.

I guess if you check the voltage of the faulty battery with a multimeter it will show a voltage much lower than 3.7V.

Yes, the term was loosely used. I also told the guy the same thing. If the battery shorted, how come everything else is working and how was my phone able to go to fastboot? He was clueless and told me "Jo fault dikha woh aapko bol diya". Funny!

@vijaypathak077

The whole thing cost me Rs 343 (Service charge) + Rs 1200 (Battery replacement) + service tax on both amount.

Next time I'll persist the SVC guy to open the phone in front of me in case of any other issue.
even my opo encountered similiar issue,i was trying to intall new rom, and messed up every thing now it ws not even starting, whenever i press on button it only get vibrated i was aware that i had hard bricked my device, when visited service center they told me due to water and moisture motherboard has got damaged its need to be replaced and charges for the same was 12500, but since i knew the issue i directly talked to engineer and conveyed him i am not noob and and I know why mobile is not getting on also even suggest him the solution ...so he asked me to wait and he flashed official software and my opo got on ...i paid nothing....

Back