Airtel Xstream Fiber: ONT Requires Frequent Restarts

• Thread starter Thread starter dogeshji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,710
ISP
Airtel Xstream
I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with my Airtel broadband connection. I'm using the Dasan Networks H660GM-A ONT model (software version V3.2.2120032) and experiencing some frustrating problems with app loading times and media uploads.
Here's the specific issue:
  • Slow app loading: I often encounter delays when using apps like Physics Wallah, where I have to wait up to 3 minutes for things to load.
  • Media upload issues: Uploading media on WhatsApp gets stuck, and the Jiocinema app sometimes fails to load entirely.
  • Speed fluctuations:While speed tests typically show speeds around 95 Mbps (exceeding my 40 Mbps plan), during these issues, the speed drops significantly:
    • 46 Mbps on 5Ghz Wi-Fi
    • 30 Mbps on 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
    • 46 Mbps via LAN cable
Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
  • Restarted the ONT multiple times.
  • Verified all cable connections are secure.
  • Confirmed no software updates are pending for the ONT or router.
  • Checked for interference from other devices on the network.
  • Tested using Jio data and Airtel SIM data – apps load instantly and none of these issues occur when using mobile data.
  • Restarted the router to temporarily resolve the issue (not a permanent solution).
  • Experimented with changing the DNS server from Airtel's default to Google's public IP address, which initially solved the problem but it reappeared later. Switching back to the default DNS seemed to fix it again, but the issue occurred once more. This time, restarting the router resolved the problem.
What I'm hoping for:
  • Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this specific Dasan Networks H660GM-A ONT model or Airtel service (especially with software version V3.2.2120032)?
  • Are there any known solutions or settings I can try to improve app loading times and media upload performance?
  • Should I contact Airtel customer support to report the issue and request further assistance, and if so, what information should I provide?

Last edited:
Have the same router for a month now. Haven't seen this problem before. Try resetting the router

I had a sercomm 4221 SR ONT. In that case , my laptop couldn't connect to it " Cannot connect this network " , unless I restarted it. I got that replaced , now this one is faulty too.

Thanks for your quick responses . I would do the same as you said . But I will first try to get it fixed by Airtel.

How to do bridge mode, I read someone's post that his pings are high since he used another router as extender. Also in another post I read someone's reply to not put in double NAT .

I am not sure because of this.

Back