Opening a electronics showroom.pls help!

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,824

sean1880

Regular
ISP
tata docomo gsm, mtnl
we are planning to open up an electronics showroom in delhi. we are hoping to sell home appliances ,laptops ,computers and mobile phones....i want to know from where will we buy these products so that we can sell them at the most cost effective rate to our buyers...do we need to contact every individual company or wat??will we have to buy everything first from the companies and then can we sell it or can we pay the companies as and when the buyer makes the payment to us...i am completely new to this...please share wat u know or any experiences..

I doubt you would get much information for this online. Even you do, I would suggest you to take it with a pinch of salt, and make personal visits to some shops and strike a conversation with the salesmen. That would give you real and valuable information. My guess is that to begin with you would be better off buying from a mediator - wholesale dealer. Reason being, he would be able to offer you a better price than the company as when you approach the company directly you would need to make a strong case as to why you deserve a hefty discount being a new entrant. The wholesalers on the other hand, deal with volumes and get big discounts, a portion of which is passed on to the resellers. Regarding the payments, since you are a new entrant, you would have to initially pay up the costs, or atleast a large portion of it when making the purchase, since they (wholesalers / people you buy from) would need some guarantee and it takes time to build faith. Once you have settled down a fair bit, you get credit, and that's usually the time when sales take off. As in, you get lets assume 10 ACs without paying anything. You do the sale, make a profit of lets say 1K per unit, which means you have 10K with you now. You now pay off the cost price, along with the cut to the wholesaler from this amount. Essentially, you would be operating on 'credit'All the best :)

Sorry to be a little rude, but if you don't even know from where to buy your stocks and you are looking for such clues on an internet forum, i don't think you should be even thinking of starting a business!! Unless of course you are already a millionaire, with money to spare ;)

Frankly speaking a electronics store would be a bad idea in the present ... Reason being companies like croma/vijay sales etc etc are opening stores left right & centre... Competing with them is next to impossible right now coz of their pricing/ customer exp etc etc... There are numerous businesses right now... I am assuming that u have a space available... You would be better served starting a business which has much much less competition ... Or else you be better off just leasing ur space for decent returns... Basically what I am saying either do something really innovative or just take a safe way out & lease off ur place... Don't go into a business that already has 20-30 compititors with more exp & deeperPockets than you...

hmmm ..lets c what figures out den...and do u guys have any ideas about the inventory management softwares??

Back