`Our sports channels are not niche, they have mass appeal`

• Thread starter Thread starter icar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,042
Guys lets take this to everywhere possible, Any place where u see this news article, please post a mail to that publisher. Big or small, Tata Sky has to answer to the media ::cool2:Look for new Id's in my previous post under the edit section :)

haha............ TS what will you do now. You people thought that no one will question you and now the biggest group in the sporting world is questioning you on behalf of us...........Kudos to ESPN:thumbsup:........... I think this weekend Vikram Kaushik will have sleepless nights......he he he:cool2:. Hey tanda naka... hey tanda naka....naka..naka.....:yahoo:

Hey tanda naka... hey tanda naka....naka..naka.....:yahoo:
:hysterical::hysterical:
Add to that, Kuruvi adichaaaaa :yahoo:

Its good to see lots of forum members who are using TS has got their smile back. Thanks to ESS.........smile in our forum members Hey tanda naka... hey tanda naka....naka..naka.....:yahoo:

I found the same news in indian express too in yahoo website:
Channels off air, ESPN to take Tata Sky to court
http://in.news.yahoo.com/most_viewed/in/n/nl//indianexpress/20080606/r_t_ie_nl_general/tnl-channels-off-air-espn-to-take-tata-s-aaaedd4 Fri, Jun 6 02:44 AM
ESPN Software India on Thursday said it would drag direct-to-home service provider Tata Sky to court for switching off its sports channels ESPN, Star Sports and Star Cricket from its most popular bouquet of 110-channel Super Saver pack, for a subscription fee of Rs 300 per month. Tata Sky was ready to fight the broadcaster in the court, a spokesperson said.

Channels off air, ESPN to take Tata Sky to court - Yahoo! India News

So guys we have got print media and web attention on our problems and i hope very soon TV Media also highlights on the same issue :happy:. This time i am sure TS will definetly feel the pinch:thumb:bloddy buckers :cool2:

Yep! It's awesome how this news is now spreading. Tata Sky's in trouble now! =D

In todays Economic Times also this news is published.....
ESPN threatens to take Tata Sky to court
6 Jun, 2008, 0027 hrs IST, TNN

NEW DELHI: After a tiff with its DTH rival Dish TV over its new pricing strategy, Tata Sky is now headed for a legal battle with ESPN Star Sports. The sports broadcaster has accused Tata Sky of blocking its signals on its platform and has threatened to take a legal recourse against the DTH operator.

“It is extremely unfair on a DTH player to solve a commercial dispute by blocking our signals on its platform. We have very important sports series like [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Euro [COLOR=blue! important]2008[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and French Open going on and the two million Tata Sky subscribers can’t get our signals,” ESPN India MD R C Venkatiesh said. He said ESPN Star plans to move to TDSAT and is also looking at taking the DTH player to the Delhi HC. Euro 2008 will kick off on Saturday.

ESPN threatens to take Tata Sky to court- Media-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

I would love to attend the court session and support ess on their behalf!!I love ess for this!!require more media attention, guys please mail to the id's ;)we need more support, get ur friends to do it too, balti got only 13 supporters what about the rest, copy paste teh content, change something and then paste mail id's in one stretch, send!Not more than 5 mins of ur time!This is our last chance :@Check out the old post on the thread for espn mail id's..support them, this is our last chance.. :thumbsup:

TS surely bit off more than it could chew. If it had simply moved the sports channels to a separate add-on pack and reduced the prices of the base packs proportionately, ESPN would not have had a case. But after getting a stay on the ESPN plan to make all TS users pay for ESPN etc, whether they wanted it or not, TS decided to stuff its pockets. And that led to its downfall.ESPN is not innocent - it was and still is resorting to arm twisting tactics. Only problem is TS is more guilty.--------------------------------OT. Duplicate post prevention plugin not working?

Back