P2P on Excitel Broadband

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
It has been quite painful. I failed to seed a private torrent. Making it public did not help. Resilio Sync works but uses relay server which drops the speed so much that it becomes pointless. From the looks if it, it would be faster to share using Google Drive than directly because of peering with Google servers.

Anyone has any luck running private p2p shares? Excitel still does not offer static ips though they do promise that they are working on providing the feature in coming weeks/months.

There are so many ways to privately share files. Although we don't block any of the ways/protocols

i would love to know some that provide full speeds! especially peering speeds. because bittorrent sync failed spectacularly.

also when would static ips be available here in gurgaon. i would really love to connect my cctv to excitel. cheers.

btw. i would really like to get some ideas for private p2p share with friends. both on local excitel network and for folks on national excitel network. even for non-excitel network. i have run out of ideas. using google drive seems to be the best option as i get peered speed. which is not optimal because it is not p2p and hence not private at all.

Let's discuss here P2P sharing, as this seems to be the most appropriate thread.

Google drive is a good choice and it's private to the extend that only Google knows what you are doing/sharing.

You could also try: MEGA

Back