Paid service to rectify transmittion issue : o

• Thread starter Thread starter RahulDTH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,007

RahulDTH

ISP
TATA SKY DTH
Hi Guys, I am Tata Sky DTH cunsumer since 4 years. Never faced any issue till 2 week back.From 2 weeks back I ahve been observeing issue of jerky video for the service from 101 till 117, audio is okay. But no such issue on the other service. I was doubting on the weather condition but after 2 weeks of observation concluded that this is not related to weather condirion. So made a call to Customer case souther region. One guy pickewd up call, it seems he was talking from noisy location AND he was shouting on phone. During whole communication I had to ask him to repeat or I had to repeat what I needed to say. Surprise for me. Any one faced similr issue?Well, lets move forward, I explained him the issue. He said wait for a min and askled me to check. I check the issue and it was not resolved. Then he said I am taking your complaint and service guy will visit your house to rectify the same. Also specifically he mentioned this is paid service and I need to pay for it. Well I was surprise to hear that. Any body had this experience? Okay, So I said I am subscriber I am paying money for it Its your problem to resolve the issue. He said no its pais service. Then the guy said if the issue os from your side then I need to pay money. Now I ahve good knowledge in this domain. I am thinking now what could have been issue from my side. Only isssue is with the channel from 101 to 117, other are fine ... so my conclusion is, it couls be issue with one of the transponder. Well I am waiting for service guy to come. I had asked then to send tech guy to answer my questions since i am from same domain. I will post my experience to make other aware.But guys is it logical to pay money for such service? Any body hs any experince of the service from TATA SKY to resolve issure?

U said ur using TS since4 yrs, the warranty is valid only for one year, therefore u need to pay dem

Do NOT pay him, till you have made a formal complaint. As you rightly pointed out, you are a paying subscriber.
Your call should have gone to a call center. The fact that there was a lot of noise, & he was shouting, should have raised a red flag. Did you try calling Tata Sky's Bangalore Helpline? It is (080) 6000 6633 (from DTH India - Tata Sky Helpdesk)

And it might just be a problem with the firmware.......

They do charge for visits after the warranty period is over :(Though this should be looked upon.What if the problem is at TS's end ?Even then are we required to pay ?

Hi Guys,
I am Tata Sky DTH cunsumer since 4 years. Never faced any issue till 2 week back.
From 2 weeks back I ahve been observeing issue of jerky video for the service from 101 till 117, audio is okay. But no such issue on the other service. I was doubting on the weather condition but after 2 weeks of observation concluded that this is not related to weather condirion. So made a call to Customer case souther region. One guy pickewd up call, it seems he was talking from noisy location AND he was shouting on phone. During whole communication I had to ask him to repeat or I had to repeat what I needed to say. Surprise for me. Any one faced similr issue?
Well, lets move forward, I explained him the issue. He said wait for a min and askled me to check. I check the issue and it was not resolved. Then he said I am taking your complaint and service guy will visit your house to rectify the same. Also specifically he mentioned this is paid service and I need to pay for it. Well I was surprise to hear that. Any body had this experience?
Okay, So I said I am subscriber I am paying money for it Its your problem to resolve the issue. He said no its pais service. Then the guy said if the issue os from your side then I need to pay money. Now I ahve good knowledge in this domain. I am thinking now what could have been issue from my side. Only isssue is with the channel from 101 to 117, other are fine ... so my conclusion is, it couls be issue with one of the transponder. Well I am waiting for service guy to come. I had asked then to send tech guy to answer my questions since i am from same domain. I will post my experience to make other aware.
But guys is it logical to pay money for such service? Any body hs any experince of the service from TATA SKY to resolve issure?

dear friend after waranty period is over u have to pay the service charge of 350 rupees. And this is not a tata sky transponder problem. This the problem of lnb please call the cc and ask for lnb changing. After lnb replacing by tata sky engineer your problem will be solved because the same issue happend with me before two weeks back my problem is that from 101 to 117 channel signal quality is 0 to 20 range then i call cc after next day they send engineers the problem found is that lnb fault because of water inside of lnb. after they replacing my lnb and signal quality is gone through 40 to 60. So please pay the lnb replacement charge of 350. Your problem will be solved.

Thanks Tushar for the response. It gave me intial idea of what I need to expect from service guy. But if the problem is with LNB then this problem should happen for all the channels. Let us see what explaination the service guy gives. If there is any issue with LNB blocks then ideally this problem should affect all services. I will keep u updated on further progress on this issue. Regards,Rahul

Thanks Tushar for the response. It gave me intial idea of what I need to expect from service guy.
But if the problem is with LNB then this problem should happen for all the channels. Let us see what explaination the service guy gives. If there is any issue with LNB blocks then ideally this problem should affect all services.

I will keep u updated on further progress on this issue.

Regards,
Rahul

rahul this problem occurs because of faulty lnb. this is not affect with all transponder but only one transponder of there is channel no 101 to 117. Because this tp is 11550 h and the problem occurs because after this fecquency all tps are available with 10600 lnb frequecy. Trust me and call the cc to replacement of lnb. Can u tell me what is ur signal quality on this channels.

go and buy LNB which is less then Rs 350 of service to Tata Sky. Any one can install the LNB at his end as its not required so big tech, just with one screw driver which is easly can be found in any house.

Back