• Thread starter Thread starter puneet28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,707

puneet28

InsanE
ISP
Hostel LAN - I think 100MBPs :P
Worst Retailer I have come across in my life. Ordered two HTC Desire 816 in Jalandhar Store on 30 June with 30% advance. Made Full payment in advance on 11 July. They told me about delivery date to be 15th July. Then keep on extending that to first 18 July, then 21July and just now I received a call that Phone cannot be delivered till 24th July and will be available only by weekend.

It's not possible for me to wait till Thurssday now and I want refund. They said me as payment was done via debit card, they can't give money in form of cash and for reverse payment, it will take 15 days.

Please guys give me your kind suggestions. I just have 1 day to wait, then I am going to be very busy with my admission related stuff.

Any online consumer complaint ?

P.S. Sorry, earlier I posted in wrong forum.

I am going to ask the obvious questions…

Why did you not order online?
What is the use of going to consumer court now? I mean the device is already delayed… They are not refusing to give you the device. It is just delayed. I mean I do not see any court punishing them for just that.
About refunds… I am guessing their point is valid. Refunds through debit card would take time. It is not in their hands… It’s how the process works. And since accounting would be a major headache if they use any other payment mode to refund… it makes sense that they would refund the money through the same route it came in.

I ordered at Croma because flipkart or other online retailers were very costly. Near to 26K whereas at Croma I was getting at 23490 and some cashback on debit card.

Reversing the payment, should I go on ? How much exact days are expected then to get money in my account ? Is it sure that there won't be any further issues as reversing of payment will make them free and I will have to deal with bank only then.

As far as delayed is concerned, I have written statement of Store manager that phone will be delivered by 21st July at any cost.

You can give them till Tuesday, I guess. After that, get the refund. Reverse payment does take about 15 days.

Back