Payment done No installation #Worst service ACT fibernet

ISP
ACT
I have taken ACT fibernet connection on 5th Nov. When I called ACT sales person to enquire about the broadband plans, he came the next day in morning to convince me to take this connection. He finally convinced and took the amount - 2904 (150Mbps plan for 3months )and told me that he will get it installed in next 3 days.
And after that I did not get any call from him. I called him on 7th Nov to send somebody for installation and installation people came and checked something and said there is no open box available so there this will be taken over by other team, After that, he is not picking my phone call.
I called the sales person a lot of times But everytime when I call him to get updates he just says
1. We are working on your issue.
2. This request has been sent to the field engineer. He will contact you soon.
3. Till now no actions have been taken on your request. I will add a follow up on this request.
4. One day they say that the issue will be resolved by end of day tomorrow and the very next day they say that we don't want to give you any false commitment. The issue will get some time to resolve.. may be 4 days.

Its been more than 6days now and I did not get any response on my connection.

I am highly disappointed by the kind of service being provided by ACT. Or rather I should say they are not providing any service after taking the payment. It seems like their work is only to take payment from customers, thats it. After that, its the customer's work to call and remind them that we have paid a big amount to them to avail a service and we are waiting for their response.
I hope by this blog, they will understand the concern and take some strict action for that.

Thanks,
Vedakrishnan
Ref no. 9121212121
Avadi,Chennai

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don’t post your personal contact information on a public platform

It's still baffling to this day that people pay first before availing any kind of installation or active service.
This all sounds like the sales person just ran with his commission, since technically his job is done. It's likely the local installers at your location were not interested in installing at your premise, or found it unfeasible.
Your best bet is to escalate and demand for refund, at least this will start to get their cogwheels turning. Find the nearest office (if there is any) and talk it through. If you have officially paid for it with receipt, at least they won't be able to turn you down.

Yes, never pay upfront to those agents. They are completing their sales target and they will simply avoid you once you pay them. Better is to officially pay on ACT website after filling up your details if you want to pay upfront. Else my personal best advice is to pay only after installation. Thanks.

You better ask for a refund in case the installation team finds it unfeasible to provide you a connection. Escalate it on Twitter and email their support...make sure you have a record.

This is not a blogging site only a forum. And no ISP will officially monitor this so if you need to draw attention to your issue please use email and social media. And of course a visit to their local office can help.

Back