• Thread starter Thread starter zeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 10,861

zeo

Trance junkie
ISP
MTNL DSL NU 849
MTNL, in their website, has mentioned that one can pay their landline bill through ATMs of some selected banks (SBI, HDFC, etc.). Has anybody exercised that option anytime?I wanted to pay my landline bill through SBI's ATM as it is just a stone's throw away from my home. Can anybody elaborate the procedure for doing the same?

the question is... is the risk worth taking? especially coz you are talking about MTNL here!

The postal department here at my place is in pits. My land line bill, or for that matter any bill, never comes before its due date. So I'm desperately looking for an alternative. Payment through ATM currently seems to be the best option for me as I don't use e-banking.

Thanks amish for your reply. Even though ECS seems to make life easy a statement on MTNL's website gives me goosebumps: "Through ECS a customer allows MTNL to debit his telephone bill amount directly to his bank account."

Its just like giving your credit card details to a stranger :o. Although you can fix an upper limit for ECS debit, I wouldn't allow MTNL to directly transfer money from my account.

I wouldn't mind taking a few extra steps to pay my bill from my nearest ATM :).

Huh? You have to give bank account details to every party doing online transfer so why not MTNL? Its not like, MTNL can see ur balance and all. And I am using ECS from abt 9-10 yrs now.

But in my case I rarely receive my bills before their due date. So if there is some discrepancy in a bill, by the time I come to know MTNL would have already transferred the bill amount from my account!What I want is that I should be able to view the bill first (before its due date) & then pay accordingly.

Back