PCI card or an USB wifi Adapter ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rchang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 49,465

Rchang

ISP
bsnl
Hi, I have bsnl broadband connection which have provided me type 2 modem ( UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 ) which is WIFI enabled. Now i want to connect my desktop to modem without using long cables. I want to go for an adapter now. But i am confused as to which adapter to go for. Should i go for a PCI card or an USB wifi Adapter ?

Which gives better performance in accordance with speed and connectivity because i have my desktop PC in my room and the modem is in the living room and hence there is a wall separating the modem and PC. :(

Also which is the best brand under this category -- Linksys, D-Link or Netgear ? :)

Thank you in advance.

Why not put a wireless card, and use wifi to connect, the speed will be good and it will work fine, the card will cost around Rs 850 :thumb:

digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=282&xSec=18

Make that desktop PC wireless with this Netgear wireless card.
It supports superb transfer speeds so there's no need for cables.

Power-packed 802.11b/g Wireless Networking for your Desktop! At 54 Mbps, this Netgear WG311 wireless 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g PCI card is much faster than existing 11 Mbps wireless networks and will supercharge the delivery of media-rich content to your desktop PC as never before. This Netgear PCI Wireless card gives you continuous access to your home wireless router or office network, saves the time and expense of installing Ethernet cabling when you want to set up or expand a network, and makes it simple to relocate your desktop PC without rewiring.

Package Includes

- Netgear WG311 54 Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter
- Antenna
- Installation Guide

Requirements
Pentium III Class PC
- Available PCI slot
- Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 or XP
- 20 Mb of free hard drive space
- CD-ROM Drive (to load software)
For reference : usb adaptor.
httpwww.digidave.co.uk/jshop/product.php?xProd=201
httpwww.digidave.co.uk/jshop/

can u give me the locations of any shops in mumbai where the usb wifi type g adapter will be available

Back