• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,470
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy84

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom 4mbps NU
Me and my friend went to Aundh office to inquire about EVDO. They said its got a long waiting queue. Is it true? What speed I might get with NIC cards then?How is performance of EVDO in Pune? And what might be the monthly bill for it? Rs. 650 + 12.5% tax?Please respond as my friend might have to take Reliance EVDO if its not going to be available for long time.

Performance depends upon many factors like your distance from BSNL CDMA tower, Users in your area, Tall buildings around your location. As far as I am concerned my speeds are pathetic, around 10kbps. Also the speeds vary a lot.I live in Hadapsar. I get full signal strength but again the speeds are bad.:wall:I would suggest to check speeds at your location using someone's EVDO card. One more thing they do not have new EVDO in stock, you will get a used card. Do not opt for purchase, get it on rent if you really need it. If the speeds are good you can later purchase it.

^^ Thanks for the info.Which card did you get? USB or PCMCIA? I would suggest my friend to opt for renting it rather than purchasing it. Hoping that speeds are good in Aundh/Sangvi.

I tested my device in Aundh / Baner road. Max speed I got was 1.8 Mbps. But it was burst speed lasted only 4-5 minutes. Then got down to 255kpbs. :(-pranKster.

^^ Thanks for the info.
Which card did you get? USB or PCMCIA? I would suggest my friend to opt for renting it rather than purchasing it. Hoping that speeds are good in Aundh/Sangvi.

I have USB modem

Performance depends upon many factors like your distance from BSNL CDMA tower, Users in your area, Tall buildings around your location. As far as I am concerned my speeds are pathetic, around 10kbps. Also the speeds vary a lot.
I live in Hadapsar. I get full signal strength but again the speeds are bad.:wall:

I would suggest to check speeds at your location using someone's EVDO card. One more thing they do not have new EVDO in stock, you will get a used card. Do not opt for purchase, get it on rent if you really need it. If the speeds are good you can later purchase it.

:grin:
Hi, I have sourced it from Nashik with great difficulty through friend just last week to be used at my new place at Hadapsar Gadital. Can you explain your experience on speed, customer service and the area where you are using. Can I get better speed? how is BSNL customer care in Hadapsar. where to get local bsnl technical assistance in case of difficulty. [email protected]

hey guys thanks for al the info....tell me how would be the speed and signal strength near sancheti hospital pune....secondly other than bsnl ....which other ISP is providing UL internet usage at around 3Mbps around the price of BSNL evdo...please reply....would be waiting...

Hi,i stay in Katraj and get a speed of around 512 easily.to check speeds, try getting an evdo from a friend so you can check the speeds.if unsuccessful, let me know.i am in Mumbai will Saturday and can help you in checking the speeds after then.

One of my friends is getting terrible speed on his EVDO since last 2-3 weeks. He is getting around 5-6 KBps (earlier it was 30-60 KBps). We tried testing speed in many areas of Pune but same speed everywhere. What could be the reason?Anyone knows any contact numbers of seniors at BSNL EVDO (Pune)? :eek:

Let alone EVDO, I have noticed that in general, the ISPs in Pune offer a worse speed than the counterparts in other cities/states. This holds true for tata indicom, BSNL as well as probably reliance. Once, when I had complained to Tata Indicom asking them why their download speeds in Pune are worse than what I used to get in Gujarat, they had blatantly told me that I must not expect the same speed I get in Gujarat upto the time I am in Pune.:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back