Plan change no longer resets bandwidth on Airtel Xstream Broadband

ISP
Excitel
So I keep hitting my limit around the 20th of every month because of heavy internet usage, in another thread, I saw people mention that you can "reset the limit by changing the plan". Can anyone expand a bit on this? Will the reset be instant? If I have an Airtel black subscription, Can it still work?

@Rickysin Could you expand on the changing plan? I hit my limit today and changed my plan to 200 Mbps from 100 Mbps, and my speed is still throttled (after an hour), I talked to customer care and they said the only option is to wait. Can I do anything?

Someone did mention in another thread that this is new behaviour from Airtel.

quite strange behavior from airtel, we cannot check data usage and they will do anything if you are on long term plan. trai should make it mandatory for broadband to send email/SMS when data utilization reaches certain level like on mobile data

This is outrageous. So is there no way I can have my speed not be limited now? Almost every other month I reach the limit because I have to do network intensive work. Is the best option to just switch to a small, resupplier isp that can give me unlimited data?

i mean if you know you need more data, you should have multiple connections or a plan that has enough data to support your usage.

yeah but i feel FUP's are stupid in general. there are tons of people who use barely 1 TB of data per month, so if someone uses a few extra terabytes a month, it shouldn't be much of an issue for them. Atleast let us top-up or pay extra for more data. also, @Sushubh could you link the thread please, thanks

Possible workaround here.

@Seeka it will be better for you to move to some other ISP that has truly unlimited plans or atleast gives you the option to add data after it is over.

Back