Plan changed on April but speed is still same - mtnl broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter divineelite
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,251

divineelite

ISP
MTNL DSL 399
Hi guys, I recently changed to DSL 399 plan in April which is supposed to give 2Mbps speed. Earlier I was on some other 256Kbps speed plan. Now the plan changed in April but the speed is still 256Kbps. I lodged approx 15-20 complaints on 1504 but everytime time they would make some complaint on my behalf and give me complaint no.....and everytime I would get a call in 2-3hours asking whether my net is working. Im still not sure what they mean by that lol, as my net has always been working just the speed is screwed up. If I tell them that they say everything is fine at their end. So I decided to pay their Prabhadevi office a visit.On my 2nd visit (the 1st went waste as the guy I was supposed to meet had left early....), they directed me to some Mrs. Ghadigawkar who after checking something informed me that the plan had changed but unfortunately my profile hadn't been changed >.< . She made changes in profile and told everything wud be fine now.I went home and checked and the speed was still 256Kbps. I called her and told her that, she said the profile has been changed correctly so she can't help any more. I gave up on mtnl & I went through some threads here and tried hard resetting modem(UT-300R2U) thinking that would help. But that didn't help either as the speed is still 256Kbps. (the speed on speedtest went upto 0.28 Mbps frm the earlier 0.20Mbps lol, but not anywhere near the ~1.8Mbps mark)On the DSL router page, this is shown...Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 256 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 256 Basically I need help TT_TT

You can write to

MTNL DGM Broadband [email protected]
MTNL GM Broadband [email protected]

cc to
MTNL Broadband Helpdesk [email protected]

usually this should get them moving :@, if not then MTNL Executive Director Mumbai [email protected] should :)

You can write to

MTNL DGM Broadband [email protected]
MTNL GM Broadband [email protected]

cc to
MTNL Broadband Helpdesk [email protected]

usually this should get them moving :@, if not then MTNL Executive Director Mumbai [email protected] should :)

Did you contact them as regards the 'April Problems' ? What they have to say ?

I contacted 1504 again yesterday & they say that there is no problem from the MTNL's end & that the D-Link 502T software(firmware) has been corrupted (meaning problem at the DLink server-end) & the only solution now is to change over to other modem other than DLink.

Write to the Ed. He does reply ;). He replied to me

:wall: & never to me, but I get umpteen phone calls of jerks who promise to fix the problems & nothing happens ofcourse. I am still waiting for his PA to call me to fix an appointment. I had called on the 12 of this month :(

They told me to get the modem replaced yesterday o.O . At Prabhadevi they showed me line properties and did line test & stuff which shows everything as ok :confused:.The guy then told me to get the modem replaced as that cud be the problem......Also if that doesn't work Im suposed to go back to him so he can see what else can be done.Is this normal lol?!!

@socrates
thnx for the ids man.Really appreciate :thumb: . Ill have to use those I guess if this doesnt work T_T

post 23 also has same probs https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/46663-synced-low-speeds-mtnl-broadband/3/
Ill go thru that too. Thnx for the pointer

ah btw how to get the sync rate & SNR,superframe etc.??

Ah yes thnx. this is what it showsMode: G.DMT Type: Fast Line Coding: Trellis On Status: No Defect Link Power State: L0 Downstream Upstream SNR Margin (dB): 30.3 24.0 Attenuation (dB): 28.0 16.0 Output Power (dBm): 3.5 0.5 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 9216 1220 Rate (Kbps): 256 256 K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 9 9 R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0 S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1 D (interleaver depth): 1 1 Delay (msec): 0 0 Super Frames: 512660 512658 Super Frame Errors: 0 8 RS Words: 0 0 RS Correctable Errors: 0 0 RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A HEC Errors: 0 6 OCD Errors: 0 0 LCD Errors: 0 0 Total Cells: 5261931 0 Data Cells: 1315236 0 Bit Errors: 0 0 Total ES: 0 0 Total SES: 0 0 Total UAS: 11 0Anything suspicious or seriously wrong in this? o.O

Back