Planning to Buy New 1TB hardisk, which one is best and has value to money

himanshuaieee

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I am planning to buy a new 1 TB hardisk here,:happy:I heard about Seagate Barracuda 7200.1 WITH 32 MB buffer, and then WD hard disk......:happy::happy::happy:Which one will you people prefer as to me in terms of money to cost value....My main purpouse shall be Gaming, and storing data such as Movies and Videos.....:thumb:Please help me out by listing some Models in this context....And it shall be really helpful if in case you can post me information about any Indian site and its link, where I can get Harddisk detail, and current market rates as well..I am actually more of near to Bangalore,,,,Can somebody give me a good portal,,,for a shops in Bangalore -- please....Or any really good indian portal which gets updated really fast...Thanking you...

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 would be my recommendation.

look for more no. of years warranty. if both seagate & WD's years of warranty is same, then go for WD caviar black (if u can afford that), if not then go for seagate barracuda 7200.12

Thanks all you people, for your advice......

However, I am in delemma here.... IN BETWEEN

Seagate 7200.11
WD Caviar Black

I suppose Caviar Black has 32 MB buffer and better transfer speed,:yahoo:

Seagate has completely changed and moved over from their 7200.11 series,
I know that now they have completely removed the firmware issue in this new series 7200.12...:thumbsup:

K.K....... Finally I will ask you people...To Completely Clear My Dilemma......
Which drive...I should actually go for.....My budget is 6000/...../.....

My needs are:

1) I really need good transfer speed here,

2) Earlier I got Caviar Green 500 GB. Now though I would be keeping.IT...however, I will be moving over to the newer drive for all other purpouse,

i.e My Windows and all my Games setup and installations....

So, I need good response time here.......:thumb:

Anyways thanks again all you people, specially admin and blackperl .:thumb:

Seagate Bro...have one at my place(a 5oo gb tower..got it three years back..)My reco would be,u go for a seagate..(5 years warranty)...:p

Seagate Bro...have one at my place(a 5oo gb tower..got it three years back..)
My reco would be,u go for a seagate..(5 years warranty)...:p

But they are giving only 3 years guarantee on th new 7200.12 model which is actually all free from firmware issues.....

K people!!!!! finally, thanks for all your support and advice.....
Now I am down to two Hard disk: Which you people recomended

1) Western Digital Caviar FALS (Black) Hard Drive - I TB
Model No. - ST31000528AS
2) Seagate 7200.12 with dual platter.
Model No. - ST31000528AS

The WD comes with 5 years Warranty however Seagate comes with 3 Years...I have review link for each one of them on the standard site:

For WD its:-
TREADLAYERS.COM: WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB

For Saegate:-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB Hard Drive - Big Bruin

Now I am not getting any benchmark for two, i.e. any direcr comparison in b/w two..I am a little confused in here that which one is actually better....
My budget is Rs. 6,000 so money is not an issue, i need quality here... So, people please give your final verdict according to what I posted here, so that I could a harddisk with free mind here.....

And moreover...I was not able to find qoute on any of the above two hardisk on Indian sites: such as

1) http://theitwares.com/
2) Computers, Peripherals, Cameras, Laptops, Gaming Equipment Tech Heaven
3)TechShop.in - Buy Tech Online Now!!!
4)http://www.deltapage.com/
5)Lynx Chandigarh Largest Electronic & Computer Superstore

Though I got a eBay link here ......
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130300870152&indexURL= 1#ebayphotohostingBut still, an hardcore Indian market rate shall be more safising..

So could you give me a direct link to price quotes on Indian sites.....And dont forget to give a comparison link..if you find one....

Back