Planning to buy new tablet

• Thread starter Thread starter karan93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 202
  • Views Views 19,625

karan93

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hey Guyzzzz,I am planning to buy a new tablet having a budget of about Rs.25,000. Can u'll guyzz please suggest me something new in the market?????

pls give ur email id, i wil send list in excel file.

Upvote 0
@volcanoThe Crystal Price has been magically bumped from 8490 to 8990 today morning. I got a response from the sellerafter the price was bumped. This smacks of opportunism!After all an 8gb microSD costs like 260 on flipkart. I have to pay 200 as shipping charges too! Their ainolindia liststhe 8gb version for 7990/-I would rather postpone my purchase and see if I can pick up the tab in person when I visit my Mumbai home inJan 2013. That would be a lot safer and I can see if there are any issues in the tab. They are located in VileParle.

Upvote 0
Yea..they did that with me too.. :)But it was after i made my purchase..They added "GIFTS" and increased the price to 9.5KI asked the seller what were the so called gifts...he said a OTG cable and a Screen protector.. :|And the funny thing is..i got a OTG cable and a screen protector anyways...so didn't know what he was talking about..!!Just ask him to give the product at the price you are suitable with...I think he will give you the product..im just getting a Hunch!!

Upvote 0
@volcano619

On the other hand, I looked this one up at Flipkart (shopping experience has been surreal so far - have ordered loads of things)

Byond Mi-book Mi3 Tablet: Flipkart.com

Reviews: Byond Mi-book Mi3 Tablet Review: Tablets | Flipkart.com

Costs 6090. Leather case, screen guard, otg cable included. The reviews look good and the youtube videos also look fine to me. Basic usage is to read ebooks and pdf only. I'm not much of a gaming fan. Cortex A8 1.2 Ghz/ 1 Gb RAM / 8 GB / Mali 400. The touch reviews claim its a decent tab for the price. Better than the micromax funbook.

I am really tempted to go for it. Will be using it over wifi in the event I need net access. This tab doesn't have much 3rd party support on xda so far apart from a rooting app, but I'm guessing this is based on the allwinner A10 chipset, so I could try a compatible custom ROM in case I feel like it.

Most of my usage will work on the stock rom I guess. Google play is supported.

Whats your take on this? It's supported by a 1 year warranty.

Upvote 0
Thats a good pick!!Lemme put out the Cons considering your Requirement of Tab!!Low Resolution..so might be difficult in seeking some PDFs!!No IPS display..Poor Viewing angles...No ARMv7 architecture...so battery consumption is more!!..This might not be a big issue though!!Consider your requirement and then see which suits you best..and obviously see which fits in your pocket well!!

Upvote 0

Back