Planning to dump my htc one x against samsung galaxy S3

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 4,296
Not an avid hater of Apple. But agree to most of what admin said, plus I hate the way they block certain things & call that a feature :p. And I am not a Google Fanboy. And for the record, BB also is ok-ok only (Lest you get ideas because of my signature)

well some of their policies are absolutely annoying. app developers cannot link to third party payment gateways from within apps because Apple does not like missing out on the 30% cut on in-app payments. they recently blocked an app that used flattr to get donations from the users. flattr is supposed to be micropayments. apple had issues with mini payments like 1 dollar to the developer as well.

^^ Well all the apps are stored on Apple's own servers. Naturally Apple wants some money for maintaining the servers and the bandwidth generated while downloading and uploading apps. Google can afford to have relaxed restrictions as Google's main source of income from ads is much much higher than Apple.

lol at 30% of all revenues just for the sake of hosting your app and maintaining it. few other industries are as profitable. and considering they block third party app stores from functioning, this excuse is not really justified from any angle.

as for google's source of income, Apple's source of income is selling hardware. and they make shit load of money on each ios device sold in the market. google does not even charge for android, forget making money from sales of android devices.

and i am not even talking about the 30% cut from selling apps. i am taking about selling subscriptions and content like ebooks from inside a reader app. i wait for the day when mac apps would get a price hike just because they have to pay a 30% cut to apple for sale through the mac app store. sadly something similar would also be applicable on the windows store in windows 8. apple is ****ing things up for everyone.

Even I was about to say the same. The price of their hardware itself is so high & they still sell. Plus so much on Apps. How else are they so profitable then.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever, but there are people on this forum who will not hesitate to offer their soul on a silver platter if Google asks for it.

And Apple sucks the soul out of its users gradually without asking :p

Ohh yeah. Windows 8 app store is going to go Apple's route. Right now it's a mess. It just shows me random apps which it thinks are suitable for me. Microsoft can't even copy correctly. Still huge scope for them to improve.

well the operating system is still in beta stage. so the apps available through the windows store are limited and few. it is likely to get a major boost once windows 8 launches. the sheer number of free apps available for the windows platform would ensure that it would overtake the apps on the mac app store within a couple of weeks.

i look at it positively for the free apps. because there would finally be a unified updater for them.

i mean, apps have to create their own updaters to ensure that users are up to date. google runs an updater in teh background as a service. mozilla too is doing the same these days! What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service? | How to | Firefox Help

paid apps? god bless companies like adobe which is already paying a cut on sales to Apple on some of the apps they have made available on the apple app store. they would probably end up paying microsoft for the same in the coming years.

I dont know why , after i read about all the things you all say i still feel nuetral towards both android and Apple. Agree apple charges very high for their hardware but its always hardware+innovation. Your brain costs more than the hardware. I dont know how many of you are in core engineering industries, but people charge hell lot for just putting their brains in solving a problem than the solution itself. Btw, whats with androids different memory distribution. On HTC one S (16GB) a person can only use 2 GB for putting apps.

I'm using iPhone 3GS and iPad 4G (the latest one). Both them need restart (hard reset) once in a while...say once a month.

Why? I have the iPad 1 and its been running continuously since 3-4 months now. No restart required.

Back