Planning to get MikroTik Router. Mikrotik users are welcome.

• Thread starter Thread starter Skeeter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5,829

Skeeter

I got banned!
ISP
ARTL - AS24560
EXTL - AS133982
I am planning to get this router Buy Mikrotik HEX S Gigabit Ethernet Router with 5 Port, RB760iGS Online At Price ₹6599 since it has SFP port, I would get a Nokia SFP Onu to terminate Airtel Fiber into it. For configurations, I will have to access the sfp module's web interface, will it be possible to open it on Mikrotik since mikrotik uses winbox. Also is there a better router than this in 7k price range? @anmolbhard004 @Lolita_Magnum sorry for tagging you both in advance but I really had no other mikrotik users in mind.

It's all cool and all, but I mean... why are you going such extreme lengths? That too for broadband…
Are there any issues with your current setup?

@Skeeter yes it is very good have rb750gr3 and handles well all the things
and as @Lolita_Magnum mentioned previously router os definitely has a learning curve
see the coincidence from the last 1 hours I am fiddling with the Mikrotik
Source

Currently was using ubiquity edgerouterx which is complete trash or they sent a faulty product it auto reduces the speed of lan ports to below 100 from preset 1000 and is back to normal on restarting. [have asked for a replacement]

and then thought of setting this mikrotik one @Lolita_Magnum can you tell me how do I set the failover in this please. also how do I add another wan port in this where do I find that option?
also am using winbox on Mac without installing windows you just need to install wine there is official video of that on YouTube pretty easy by the way

loilta magnum which option?

Screenshot-2023-10-25-at-12-49-05-AM.png

Back